Chapter Fifty Seven

"I never thought through love we'd be, making one as lovely as she"

Harry

Harry

"Your fucking child!" Marlie curses through her teeth, her grip on my hand getting tighter and tighter.

We were so close to becoming a family of four, we were probably just an hour off of having a tiny little girl in our arms and my heart was filled with a mixture of anxiety and excitement.

It felt like everything I had ever dreamed of, but there was something heavy sitting on my shoulders, something that I struggled to just brush off and ignore.

Amalia's father had died.

That was not something I could take lightly, it wasn't something that I could easily forget about, even if my second child was about to come into the world.

This was huge news.

The future king consort had died, this was huge news for Amalia and her family, not only them, but the whole world too, even if they were yet to know. I wasn't quite sure how Marlie was brushing it off so easily, perhaps the pain played a big factor.

At first I questioned the sincerity of it, it all seemed a little strange how he had fallen ill and no one would tell us what was actually wrong with him, no one ever gave us an answer, not only that, but he was in hospital for over a week and then Marlie gets a phone call from Cassandra saying that he had died on Christmas Day? I just had my doubt, that was all.

I just doubted that he had actually died on Christmas Day, which was wrong of me to question, it was wrong of me not to believe Cassandra, but could you blame me?

To me, it just seemed as though they were trying to ruin our first Christmas as a proper family. Which was a selfish thought, but that was my thought. I couldn't help what my mind  created.

Had he really died on Christmas Day or was that just them trying to get back at us?

When I spoke to Frankie on the phone earlier, she didn't mention anything to me. She didn't have a sadness coating her voice, she didn't stumble of her words in anxiousness. I definitely wouldn't have thought that her father had died a few hours prior to that phone call.

Frankie and I were close. I would've at least expected her to mention something to me. Unless she didn't know. Yet she was spending Christmas at the palace, how could she not know?

There were so many loopholes and knots to get confused in, it didn't make total sense to me but perhaps that was because my mind was busy with other affairs that I couldn't think clearly.