Chapter Twenty Eight

"I know the smallest voices they can make it major"

Harry

Harry

The last few days have been a whirlwind of unsettlement. I've been so unsure of myself and so lost within this storm.

Marlie kept asking me if my heart was in this relationship and I so badly wanted to tell her that I would do anything to save it, but I'm so tired of fighting a constant battle all the time. This isn't a fight I wanted to be apart of.

Even when I distanced myself from Marlie I still had people talking about me online and spreading my photos around the internet like a trend.

It soon became quite obvious that there was nothing I could do now. This wasn't particularly in my hands. I'm associated with Marlie's name now and that won't ever disappear.

This was now for the royal advisors, Marlie and her parents to discuss. My voice was no use anymore, it was like they couldn't even hear me screaming.

Mar's parents said they didn't want to discuss this with me, they wouldn't have me at their meeting to discuss their daughters future, Marlie was still figuring out how to wiggle me in.

She had been up most nights working relentlessly with her team, drafting and scraping and replanning how to make this possible. It was seeming near impossible at the moment.

If Amalia stepped away from her duties, that means her house would be taken off of her, her title would most likely be ripped away, her security would decrease, all of her finances would get cut, and not only that, but James would have to follow along with the narrative and he quite literally refused to.

I couldn't see any of their plans working out. There was no way that my brain allowed me to believe that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I appreciated all of the effort, but it just wasn't going to pan out the way we had hoped.

I had been staying at Marlie's for the past few days, Rusty too, much to James' dismay. He's been hiding up in his room the whole time, occasionally coming down for food. But he steers completely clear of me.

I was happy to stay at my own house and take Cosy for a few days, but Marlie demanded I came with her so she could keep an eye on me, just incase any more articles come to get me. Or if my mind falls back down the well.

"Harry- come here- we think we've cracked it" Amalia calls out from the kitchen table where she had been working tirelessly to make ends meet. She doesn't look up from her computer, her pen is still swirling around in her fingers, she'll tap it against her chin every so often when she's thinking of loopholes.