Chapter Eight

"If the world was ending you'd come over right? You'd come over and you'd stay the night. Would you love me for the hell of it? All our fears would be irrelevant"

Harry

Harry

Cosy had only been at my house for a few hours but she was already making herself at home, getting every single toy out of the cupboards and throwing them all over the floor. Demanding to dress up in her favourite fairy costume and eat the majority of my food.

She was a little whirlwind.

"Cosy, do you think it's time for a nap?" I suggest when she tries to pull out yet another box of toys. Perhaps if I hadn't have spoilt her so much, we wouldn't have such a mess.

"No dada" she shakes her head, grabbing one of her dolls by the leg and placing it in my arms.

"Baba Cosy" she points at the doll, and then toddles off to take another doll from the floor, this time picking it up by its head.

Marlie and I should be lucky that she doesn't have any younger siblings, I'd fear for their lives if she did have her own real baby to play with.

"Oh is this baby Cosy? Isn't she so cute and tiny!" I gush, rocking the doll in my arms.

"Baba mama" she holds onto her baby, rocking it a little more aggressively than me

"Is that baby mummy?" I ask her, a little alarmed at how she was treating the poor baby. "She's sleeping, should Cosy be sleeping?" I try to encourage her, but she's the biggest nap hater I know.

"No dada" she shakes her head, dumping the baby on the floor and running towards the back door where she's spotted a bird.

"Dada!" She squeals, pointing excitedly out the door, her breath fogging up the glass.

"What can you see, princess? Is it a dog?" I try to catch her out, testing her animal knowledge.

"No, birdie" she corrects me, her body still whilst watches the little blackbirds every move.

"It's a blackbird" I tell her, "and he's probably looking for bugs to eat."

She looks at me and then screws get face up in disgust, "yuck dada" she pulls away. "No ea' bugs birdie" she yells at the top of her voice, making the bird fly away.

"Oh- Cose let's come and find your iPad, mummy said she packed it!" I instantly use the method of distraction before her tears begin, but it's too late, her little lip is wobbling and her eyes are filling up with tears.