Chapter Fifty

"Through this window I can watch the seasons change"

Amalia

Amalia

"You're worrying over nothing" Harry tells me, he has one hand on the wheel and the other on my knee, rubbing small circles of encouragement.

We had left Cosy alone with Anne for the first time. She had been staying with us for a few days now and she seemed incredibly grateful for all that we were doing for her. Though she was still incredibly stubborn, she often didn't accept our food or using old clothes I had.

Harry was a copy of her.

It took a lot for her to finally come around to using our electricity, our food and everything else we've been offering, and now she was on nanny duty whilst we were on our way to view our potential forever home in Oxfordshire.

I was beyond excited. I had even saved all of the pictures of the house in my phone so I could look at them at all hours of the day, planning out where I'd put our dinky girls cot, planning out how I'd decorate Cosy's room and exactly where I'd place our photo frames and lights.

I've got extensive Pinterest boards mapping out every single inch of the house. I've got plans for the garden, the kitchen, the hallway, the living room. I couldn't wait to be settling in and decorate it all to perfection.

It made me burst with excitement at just the thought.

Harry laughed at my ridiculous planning and often teases at how much time and effort I put into my little Pinter boards. He teased that I had my whole life planned out via Pinterest and I'd be fine as long as I had some aesthetic photos to look at.

I didn't find that so funny.

"What if it's not what it looks like online?" I worry, I had built up everything for this, I was convinced this would be it for us. Our forever home.

I would be heartbroken if it didn't work out that way. I would die a little inside if it was not at all how the photos had made out, or if it was in a sketchy area. Maybe the bedrooms weren't as beautiful as it seemed, maybe it would need a lot of work.

I just really wanted this to work out for us.

"Mar- princess" Harry says with a little smile, "it's going to be perfect."

"But how do you know that?" I fight him. Neither of us have any idea on what we're about to walk into. The floor could fall beneath our feet.