Chapter Seventy Eight

"There's never been someone who's so perfect for me"

Amalia

Amalia

I had woken up on my birthday, of all days, ready and rearing to go with this damned pregnancy test that had been sitting in the box, unopened on my bedside table.

Harry had bought it for me over a week ago now, and each day I looked at it, swearing that I couldn't go on without knowing, yet each time I held the box in my hands, I chickened out and claimed that the day just wasn't right and I'd do it the following day. But every day was the same. Every day I picked the box up and then thought of a million reasons as to why I couldn't go through with it.

The fear was taking over me.

But today I woke up ready. I could just feel it in my bones and I knew I couldn't prolong this any further. I was itching to know if I was bringing another life into this world or not. I was dying to know if Cosy had guessed correctly or if she was just repeating something she had heard.

I had worked myself up so much for this, that if the test was negative, I knew I was going to feel a little deflated. Not that we were trying for a baby or at the right point to have another, but I would feel slightly upset after all of this to be for nothing.

I shouldn't have let my mind run away from me. I knew the second I started running my hand over my flat stomach that I was in for it. I had somehow gotten attached without even knowing if anything was going on.

It was foolish of me. But today was the day that I'd finally know. I just woke up with a feeling, something drawing me in and I didn't want to go into my twenty sixth year of life still worrying about things that had happened in my twenty fifth year. Twenty six was not for anxieties, it wasn't for things holding my back and it wasn't for anyone controlling me or dictating what I spent my life doing. Twenty six was for me and my family. It was for the happiest moments and the priceless memories.

I was certain that from now on I was going to make my life the happiest it had ever been. No matter what it takes I was going to make my life so special and it was going to be so perfect whether we had two children or three. Either way, I was determined to eliminate all stress and only what do what was best for my family.

They were the most important.

"Harry" I reach over to him, he's still laying on his tummy, fast asleep with his face smooshed into the pillow, his lips slightly parted and his hair a mess. Cosy is the carbon copy of him in moments like this.

He looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake him, but we needed to do this before the kids got up and stuck to us like glue. We needed to do this before Frankie stuck her nose in and watched it all like a soap drama.