Chapter Fifty One

"A million dreams are keeping us awake"

Harry

Harry

Things were looking up for us, for real this time. I was certain about that. I just had this sunny feeling and Amalia had this golden glow about her. There was something so magical about these moments.

Amalia had officially hit thirty weeks and everything was going so smoothly. I was almost a little skeptical at how well everything was going. I was suspicious of how quiet our lives had been, it like was I was expecting something to go wrong, I was waiting for something to jump out at me and ruin it all.

But I was also trying to take in all of these golden moments before Amalia started to become uncomfortable and things started to get a little rougher.

We now just had two weeks until we finally moved into our little cottage, two weeks to pack our lives up and start a fresh. Two weeks until we can breathe.

I couldn't wait, but I was also ridiculously nervous. Because what if it didn't work out? What if things didn't go as well as we had planned? What if there was a flaw somewhere?

"You're up early" Marlie groans from beside me, her eyebrows furrowed as she looks at me through squinted eyes. A sleepiness still heavy in her body.

"Mm" I hum, my fingers lightly dancing over her stretched skin, her bump was growing in full force now, though she still didn't look thirty weeks pregnant, I'd guess she looks around four months rather than thirty weeks.

Every morning I'll lie awake, way before Amalia even stirs. My fingers grazing over her stomach as I think about what our little dinky will become, what we'll name her, who she'll look like. I spend hours just dreaming of my perfect little girl. I was all that consumed my mind.

"What's up?" She frowns.

"Nothing- just thinking about our dinks" I sigh, rolling over to check the time.

6:34.

I should probably get up to start packing things away in boxes. We already had a few little bits packed away in bags and boxes, little things that we wouldn't be needing within the next two weeks, but we really needed to make a start on our room and some of our clothes. Cosy's room and the playroom will be the last thing we conquer.

We had told her that we were moving house, we had showed her pictures and looked at the road on google maps, we had tried to explain it as best we could, but I wasn't entirely sure that she was completely grasping the concept of moving house and never going back, despite having already done it.