Chapter Seventy Five

"Like a small boat, on the ocean"

Harry

Harry

Life at home was a little strange at the moment. The house was a mess, though that was unusual, but I guess I had just noticed it a lot more since everything became more stressful.

The work on the centre was still commencing and making the biggest mess in our garden, it was noisy and dusty and just overall frustrating, but if we wanted to see the end product, then we needed to trust the process and wait it out, even if it did feel like it was taking absolutely forever to do. Though it had only really been about eight days.

Nothing had really happened since our meeting with the nursery, apart from the fact Marlie had complete hit the books, researching, reading and googling everything she needs to know about ADHD. She's been making herself an expert on how to manage behaviours and enhance attention. She was on to it. She was just so determined to do everything she can to help Cose, and Frankie too, she wanted to make them both feel understood and supported, though Frankie was finding it hard.

I assume she was finding the news hard, and most days she hardly left her bedroom, not only that, but she was being incredibly frosty with Marlie, and I knew it was getting everyone down.

Hell, even Cosy seemed to be tiptoeing around her auntie Frankie at the moment.

It was clear that Frankie didn't know about the ADHD, no one had ever told her and that must hurt. It wasn't something easy that she could just brush past. This was years of lies and secrets. But she had to understand that this wasn't exactly Marlie's fault either. Once again, it was their parents.

Everything just felt rather messy at the moment. With the Centre being constructed, Marlie's books on ADHD scattered around the house, piling up on the sofas and on the stairs, as well as fourteen animals living in our house whilst builders take over our garden, and Frankie's cold attitude, everything was just overwhelming.

There was a lot going on and it was no wonder we were finding it so hard to manage Cosy's behaviour when so much was happening. She was bound to lose her focus when we had otters chasing each other around, chicks chirping at all hours of the day, baby foxes that wouldn't stop howling every time they were left alone, and a cat that kept causing mischief. The noise from the builders didn't help either.

I think what we all really needed was a holiday. We needed to get away and just allow the builders to do their thing whilst we relax in the peace and sunshine, all five of us. I think we needed a little time away from the animals and the chaos of our lives. But we couldn't just up and leave, unfortunately that's not how it works.