Chapter Fifty Six

"Your touch is made of something heaven can't hold a candle to"

Trigger warning: death.

Amalia

"Mama help" Cosy asks of me for the millionth time today, she sits on the floor surrounded by piles of wrapping paper and plastic toys that sent her into overdrive.

She's looking up at me with a plastic car in her hands, the packaging still surrounding it. She's still in her pyjamas and her wild hair stands free, it was only just gone ten in the morning and Cosy had eagerly ripped open every present in sight. Even some that weren't meant for her.

The Christmas magic was most definitely in the air and I don't think I had ever seen her so excited. Not even when we had told her that she was going to become a big sister.

Harry was on guard with the camera, taking photos of every moment, because in a matter of time Cose will grow up quicker than we'd ever imagine. He looked at her in awe all morning, a glimmer in his eyes that I had never quite seen before. There was such a happy glow on his face whilst he watched our daughter squeal in delight over every present she opened.

I guess you could say it all worked out, I guess you could say we got our ending that was written in the stars despite how much others told us it could never be.

I have a hand on my bump and hand on Harry's thigh, and my eyes trained on Cosy whilst I watch her little face light up every time she takes hold of a new toy.

I never thought we'd get here. I never thought I'd see the day where this was our reality.

I didn't have to spent another Christmas at the palace, dolled up to the heavens just to sit around a table in an uncomfortable air and get picked and pulled apart for things I had said or done. I didn't have to do that anymore and it felt like the biggest weight off of my shoulders.

I would never take a quiet life for granted ever again.

"Did Santa bring you a car?" I pull open the green car from the packaging, her little grabby hands waiting for me to remove all of the plastic so she could get playing with it immediately.

"Car! Cosy car!" She squeals excitedly, pushing it along the carpeted floor as soon as she could.

I looked at her like she had hung the stars in the sky.

I couldn't quite believe that I'd be getting another tiny girl to raise with Harry. Another tiny girl to watch grow up into the most beautiful woman. Another tiny girl to watch open Christmas presents with lights in her eyes and a smile permanent on her face.