Chapter Thirty Four

"We worked too damn hard for this just to give it up now"

Harry

Harry

Amalia was a goddess. She was other worldly and I was never entirely sure how I bagged a woman like her.

Though I knew inside she was often dying, she made everything look so effortless.

And the news of my family reaching out to me only stressed her tired mind out more. She was going through torture inside.

"Relax baby" I slip my hands onto her hips. Her shoulders are tense and she's been scrubbing at the same oven tray for hours now.

"I can't- I can't relax- this fucking spot won't come out of the metal" she swears, pushing the scourer further into tray with all her might.

"Hey" I pull her arms away and letting the tray drop into the sink with a clatter. "What's got you so worked up?" I frown at her. It was a silly question really, the answer was right in front of my face. But I wanted to hear it from her words.

"I have a headache" she leans against me with a sigh. She was holding back.

"And.." I trail off, waiting her to continue.

"And I just want a cuddle" she gives me a little pout before turning to face me with her arms open wide.

"I'm always here my baby" I hold onto her tightly. She had been a little more emotional recently, we still hadn't left the house in days and I think it was finally making her snap.

We thought that the press would calm down and we thought something bigger would take over the headlines, but just as we thought it was starting to quieten down, Cassandra's team publish a statement saying that the princess will not be speaking of the unlawful affairs that Amalia had been involved in.

There was no need to publish the statement. But she had to just stir the pot even more. Which of course led to another swarm of press on my doorstep, somehow climbing over the gate and banging on the downstairs windows and scaring the shit out of us all.

That's when the police finally stepped in and we managed to find some sort of temporary security just until this blows over.

There were now three armed men outside of my home and just the thought of that made me feel a little queasy.

This was my home, this was where I was supposed to feel safe. This is where my daughter was growing up, this is where we had resided to to feel safe and every inch of our privacy was still somehow being invaded.