Chapter Forty Four

"You don't have to be sorry for doing it on your own"

This chapter includes mentions of miscarriages.

Amalia

Amalia

The media was a shitstorm, like most days, but this seemed to be hitting us a lot harder than any of the other crap that had been shared around like a craze.

The world descended into chaos when the news got out that Harry and I had experienced a miscarriage. Right from the start it was all just a misunderstanding, but we knew exactly who had shared this with the rest of the world. There was only one person who it could be. There was only one person who we were looking at and that was Gemma.

She had overheard a conversation that she shouldn't have been a part of, she had heard something that wasn't for her ears. She should've known it was a private conversation and hung up the phone as soon as she realised. But she didn't, she lingered to hear our words as if it was some gossip in a secondary school rather than our real lives.

We hadn't told Gemma the news of our little girl, she still believed we had had a miscarriage because we hadn't told her otherwise, purely because we didn't want anyone knowing that we were having another child. But we also didn't want anyone knowing that we had suffered a miscarriage when we hadn't.

So with Gemma still assuming that we had miscarried, and knowing how sensitive that topic was, not only to us, but to millions of people all around the globe, yet she still spread the news like wildfire.

Harry was beyond pissed. I swear he nearly popped a blood vessel when we had gotten the call from Estelle to say that we were once again on the front cover of every magazine and newspaper.

He was raging, like a rabid dog and I had to take Cose upstairs whilst he screamed down the phone at his sister, I tried to shield her from the very much valid aggression from her father but she still sensed something was off.

We then immediately got another huge crowd of cameras outside our house, people fighting to break into our garden and trying to break the intercom button on our gates. There were reporters outside of our house and people trying to hack into our phones and security systems.

It was pure chaos.

And yet they're reporting on quite possibly the most distressing point of our lives. They're reporting a miscarriage, you'd think they'd have a little more compassion. Apparently not. Even when we're 'grieving a loss' they still won't step back and leave us alone.