6)

I woke up in the morning around 5 a.m. and I saw that Morgan wasn't in the bed. I stood up looking at him, but when you live in a big mansion it was hard.

I check the balconies, the big living room, and the cinema room, but I found him in the kitchen just taking a slip from his glass. He sat in the high chairs near the bar and stared at the glass in his hands, drinking from it. I went to him and leaned against the counter, looking at him expectantly. He glared at me and smiled sadly.

- From one to ten, how drunk you are. - I asked him.

- Maybe 6, but I'm still thinking with my mind. - Morgan replied - Why aren't you in bed?

- I would have asked you the same thing. - I said and sighed - I woke up and saw that you were gone, so I came here.

- I couldn't sleep. - Morgan replied, looking at the glass, but sighed heavily - I can't get out of my mind about how he shot me. Nothing is possible to pierce a thick jacket and body armour, and on top of that to manage to hurt me.

- Maybe it is a new weapon he experimented with. After all, we met a person who likes to play with poisons. – I answered.

Morgan nodded weakly and drank from his glass. He drank only when he felt pain, sadness, grief or the fact that he hurt me. The last one was a rarity. I approached him and took his head in my hands. I stroked his cheeks and he immediately relaxed in them.

- Why don't we go upstairs and spend the next three hours together before the kids wake up, cuddling to stop your anxiety? - I suggested.

Morgan nodded weakly again and took one last sip before letting me lead him to our room. We checked the children. Jacob and Jason slept in their room like Hannah in hers. Gabriel was spinning a little more in his sleep, but it wasn't scary. Emma and Emily slept peacefully in their room...

Soon we were cuddling, and I was stroking his abdomen, especially drawing over his tattoo. I looked at him and I saw he was asleep. I leaned on my elbow watching him sleep and I glanced at the clock. Fifteen minutes were left until the kids wake up and I decided to wake him up by stroking his cheek. He groaned and opened his eyes tired.

- How do you feel? – I asked him.

- I had a hangover. – Morgan said and smiled touching his lips with his one finger.

I rolled my eyes and kissed him passionately, but it didn't last long. The door was open, and someone jump on us. Jacob, Jason, Gabriel, and Hannah with big smiles were laughing.

- Breakfast, c'mon. – Jacob smiled.

- FOOD. – Gabriel exclaimed and laughed a little.

- Okay, what do you want today? – I asked standing up.

- Dad's pancakes. – Hannah said and looked at Morgan – Please.

- Okay. Let's go. – Morgan replied and stood up.

While Morgan and the kids walked downstairs, I went to check on Emma and Emily. They were already wake up and were searching for me. Seeing me they let out a small baby voice, greeting me. I changed their diapers, and I went downstairs holding them. Morgan was just turning a pancake in the air, and the children were amazed. They had lined up at the table, waiting for their father to cook. I smiled and went to make the milk for the little ones. I even made coffee for me and Morgan. A few minutes later we were all sitting at the table and it was a wonderful family breakfast.

Suddenly the door opened, and I immediately pricked up my ears, but it was only Logan.

- Uncle Logan. - Jacob, Jason, Hannah, and Gabriel shouted happily.

- Hello, little pranksters. - he said as he entered the kitchen – Hello, babies.

Emma and Emily smiled, but they were still drinking their milk in my hands and Morgan's.

- What are you doing here? - Morgan asked, looking at him.

- I came to visit my niece and give you this. - Logan answered and placed a flash drive on the table - Records from the bunker before it exploded.

- Have you watched them? - I asked, but he shook his head - Why?

- Until recently, I tried to download the files, and when I did, I came straight here. - he answered.

After Emily was fed, Morgan left her in her chair and went with Logan to the command centre. I wanted to be with them, but I had a job. I had noticed that Loki did not eat in the morning, even though he had food in front of him and I had to feed him personally. He was sick because he didn't have as much energy as before.

I left him to sleep and took on household chores, unfortunately. At least Hannah, Emma, and Emily kept me company. Jacob, Jason, and Gabriel stormed into the room, chasing, and firing water pistols.

- Guys, not here. - I scolded them.

- We're sorry. - Jacob said stopping as Jason and Gabriel did the same thing.

- Where is your dad? – I asked realizing that it has been one hour and a half since I last saw them.

- Beating the ass on Uncle Logan. – Jason laughed.

- Oh, I want to see it. – Gabriel grinned and ran.

Jacob and Jason run after him, and I rolled my eyes. Hannah looked at me waiting and I took Emma and Emily. We together went to the gym.

Both boys were wearing only shorts and were spared. Morgan was much more muscular than Logan and both were soaked in wet. My husband grabbed Logan putting him in choke out position and asked:

- Are you done?

- No. –Logan yelled and tried to free himself, but that wasn't possible – Okay, fine.

Morgan let him go grinning. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, and Gabriel looked at each other and ran pushing Morgan to the ground. This time Logan laughed as he walked to me and tickled the little girls.

- It was nice to see you, Elena and to let Morgan beat my ass. – he said and smiled kindly – But I have to go.

- But you are here for two hours. Stay a lease for lunch. – I invited him.

- It will be a pleasure, but I can't. – he said and sighed – I have to deal with the gang, unfortunately. – he looked at Morgan who was coming to us followed by the kids – Some of the people in the gang wanted to talk with you.

- Is it something important? – Morgan asked.

- No, but they say they wanted to be soon. – Logan answered.

- Okay, I will talk with them tomorrow. – my husband promised, and Logan left.

We sent him away and I put the two girls on the play mat. Hannah sat down to play with them, and Jacob, Jason, and Gabriel started chasing each other again. This time, however, they were not using water pistols, but their NERF weapons.

- Loki wasn't eating today and I had to feed him alone. - I whispered to Morgan.

- He is six years old, after all. It's logical. - Morgan whispered back – I will call the vet to see him, but we need to think about what we will tell the kids if it is serious.

- They won't take it well. - I said, and Morgan nodded.

- I will take him tomorrow with me and I will watch him. – he said.

- Does this mean you are leaving me with Team Trouble? – I laughed.

That was a nickname that every spy called our kids. It was funny, but I didn't like it so much. They weren't troubled kids, just some little boys and a girl loving to play pranks. Okay, maybe they are pranksters.

- It seems like that. – Morgan smiled and pecked my lips – They are good around you.