24)

I was holding Emily and looking at how the doctor checked Emma. It has been one week since we saved Tristan and our home was attacked, but Emma was constantly crying during the night, and she found it difficult to calm down. Even as Morgan or I rocked her in our arms, she didn't calm down right away. At first, I thought she was scared because of the incident, but then it became clear that there was something else. The doctor stopped the examination and tickled Emma, who grinned through her pacifier.

- Completely healthy. She just has nightmares. - the doctor explained.

- But we can barely calm her down. Even when Emily hugs her, she doesn't calm down right away. - I explained.

- For now, is too early to be said if she had something like panic attacks, insomnia, etc. It seems like the pacifier calm her down a little since when she came here without it, she was scared. - the doctor said.

I nodded and I took my daughter in my arm. Emily started to interact with Emma and even in the car in their baby seats.

I entered our mansion, which now was more secure and from the White House. Dylan immediately ran to me greeting me with a big smile. I put the two girls on the baby blanket, and I took the little boy in my hands tickling him. Jason, Jacob, Hannah, and Gabriel ran to me wanting to greet me too. I put Dylan on the ground, and I was hugged by everyone. Once I left the kids to play in the living room, I went into the kitchen where Morgan was. He was making afternoon snacks for the kids.

- Is there something wrong with Emma? - Morgan asked as he placed the food on a tray.

- The doctor said that Emma was having nightmares and she was scared the whole time, but the moment I gave her to suck her pacifier, she calmed down slightly. - I explained.

- She may have nothing serious about her. Just the nightmares. - Morgan replied, taking the tray, and carrying it to the living room.

He set the tray on the coffee table, and Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan sat on the floor by the table to eat, watching their favourite show. He picked up Emma and Emily from the ground and sat on the couch with them on his lap. I sat down next to him and Emily moved to my lap as she started playing with my hands. Emma was still sucking on her pacifier and falling asleep. She was finally calm and maybe that was the problem. She didn't like being separated from the whole family.

I saw that Loki was laying in her bed and sleeping. The poor dog barely survived but it was a miracle. He limped slightly with his left leg and wasn't as energetic as before, but at least he was good.

Someone rang the doorbell and I gave Emily to Morgan. I opened the door and saw Peter and Alexandra standing at the door with smiles.

- What are you two doing here? – I asked confused.

- Well since tomorrow is your birthday, I thought that we can spend some time together like in the old times. – Peter said smiling cheerfully.

I forget that tomorrow I had a birthday. I nodded hesitantly and opened the door more for them to walk inside. Morgan had already stood up holding sleeping Emma and Emily who was rubbing her eyes getting sleepy. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan frowned at the guests but stood up to greet them.

Alexandra put one small box on the ground and looking at our kids' curious eyes, she opened the box. One small chocolate labrador retriever showed his head and the kids jumped happily.

- We wanted to give you something for the whole family and we thought that a dog will be a good idea. – Alexandra explained.

- It is amazing. – Morgan smiled forcefully.

Soon Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan alongside Loki were playing with the puppy on the big play blanket put on the ground. Morgan and I sat on the sofa with Emma and Emily in our laps, who both now were sleeping soundly. Peter was sitting on the armchair with Alexandra in his lap. There was silence between us, and no one knew what to say.

- This is awkward. – Peter laughed slightly – How is going on with your life?

- Nothing important. Everything is the same. – I said too fast and that made Peter and Alexandra get suspicious.

- What is going on? – Alexandra asked suspicion.

I looked at Morgan, but he just shrugged and took my free arm squeezing slightly. I took a deep breath and thought about how to say it. It won't be good news, but he had to know. I looked at Peter and said scared:

- I am pregnant. We think you are a father since we did sex.

Alexandra looked completely shocked, while Peter was incompressible. I couldn't read him at all. Finally, after what seemed like hours for me, he shook his hand and said:

- That is good, but I can't be the father. I have my own family. – he looked at Alexandra – Right, sunshine.

- Yeah, I am pregnant too. – Alexandra spoke.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all. I doubt that Peter would suddenly get this kid despite my will or behind my back.

The talk with them turned to basic things like what we have done in the last months. Morgan created the story that I and my family were on vacation in one of our villas inherited from his parents. Although Morgan was adamant and even kindly kicked them out, Peter and Alexandra decided to stay with us. Their explanation - I have a birthday tomorrow and we should celebrate it as a family.

There was only one thing that bothered me. Tristan and Aurora were still here, and it would be a huge lie who they were.