57)

I heard mumbling and quiet laughing. I opened my eyes and saw Morgan helping the kids get dressed. I looked around and I realize I had fallen asleep on the sofa. There was even a blanket over me.

- Good morning. – I said getting up.

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma and Emily smiled happily and ran to me tackling me in a big hug. I kissed each of them and looked at Morgan. His face was emotionless, but his eyes showed depression and shattered and a worried soul. He took a breath as his eyes become cold and emotionless breaking my soul.

- Let's go. The divorce papers are ready. – Morgan said and I looked at my kids, but they weren't as sad as before – While you were sleeping, I explained to them that we just need a break from each other. It is for the best.

- Okay. – I smiled trying not to sound broken – I am behind you.

We left the room and the spies looked at us sadly or confused about why we were divorcing. Morgan stood in front of the desk where Milton was. He pulled out a folder and said:

- These are the divorce papers you requested. – he looked at us - Are you sure you want it?

- Yes, we want it. - I agreed, trying to stop the pain and the tears.

- Okay, then let's do it. - Morgan muttered and picked up the folder and placed it on the table.

He took a pen in his right hand and propped it against the sheet. I saw how his right arm trembled, and if I didn't have to pretend, we were angry at each other and wanted a divorce, I would have stopped him. Morgan sighed and signed the document. He set down his pen and stepped back. I went to his place and took the pen. I also signed the document, and Milton spoke:

- You are officially divorced. According to the document, your properties are divided according to who is the owner. The children will live with Elena and Morgan will be able to see them two weekends a month.

- And now we will move with our children. – I said.

- What? - Morgan shouted, but calmed down - Why do you have to move?

- I want a fresh start beyond that. Isn't that what we talked about yesterday? - I replied, and Morgan sighed, looking away before looking back at me.

- We need to talk. - he said.

He went somewhere and I followed him. We entered an empty room and Morgan locked the room. He pulled out the phone as he touch a button and I heard a loud ring.

- What was that? - I asked.

- The room is already isolated. No one can eavesdrop on us no matter how hard they try to hack the system. - Morgan answered and folded his arms - I know why you're divorcing me.

- I already told you, my reason. - I thought.

- It's because of Peter. He threatened you with something and he wants you to divorce me. – Morgan revealed and came to me - Elena, I'm not stupid.

- You've never been. - I said and put my arms around his neck - I am doing it so I can protect our family and friends. We have to stay divorced until we stop it.

- I understand you perfectly. - Morgan said, hugging me across the waist - I love you.

- I love you too. And now we have to separate. – I said.

We left the room again, pretending to be divorced again. The kids weren't very happy but took their most important things. I dressed Charlie in comfortable clothes and picked her up. She grinned like a baby and hugged me. I took the suitcase with my other hand and left the bedroom.

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan were already waiting for me in the hallway, along with their luggage packed. Sara was in front of them, telling them a story. As I approached, I found that she was telling them the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, but it was more a version of our life with Morgan. I smiled at the story. Morgan came to us with Emma and Emily and their luggage.

He helped me take everything to the garage and helped me put Emma, Emily, and Charlie in their baby seats. Once the kids were inside the car, I closed the door and looked at Morgan.

- Are you mad at me? - I asked him.

- No. - Morgan shook his head - If you need help, I'm here for you.

I kissed his cheek and sat in the driver's seat, but I did not fail to see how he smiled playfully and lovingly. I left the garage and headed for our house.

After a few hours, we arrived at our home, and I parked. Every kid took his little backpack and we walked inside. The moment I enter I saw balloons and boxes wrapped with present papers on the table. The kids wowed in astonishment and looked at me happily, but then looked as confused as me.

- I was thinking a good welcome will be a good idea. – Peter said entering the room – Hey, Elena and Team Trouble.

- Peter, what are you doing here? – I asked confused.

- Well, I was thinking. – Peter said as he walked to me, and smiled mockingly at me – The family is always and forever, and you want to protect it, right? – I nodded confused, and Peter kneeled holding his arm where I saw a small box with a ring inside – Elena, would you marry me?

- Mom. – Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily yelled a little trying to make me refuse.

Peter frowned and I sighed realizing this was part of the deal. I wanted to protect my kids and Morgan at all costs and if that mean marrying a psychopath, then I will do it.

- Yes. – I tried to smile happily.

Peter put the ring on my finger and tried to kiss me, but I moved at the last moment and he kissed my cheek. That made him angry, but he smiled and kneeled in front of the kids saying:

- I know we didn't start well, but I decided to make it up to you. I bought you gifts and I hope you like them. I have written on each box your name so you will know who on whose it is.

The kids left their backpacks and opened the gifts. Jacob, Jason, Gabriel, and Dylan received nerf weapons' latest edition with their names written on them. Hannah received a reborn baby with every accessory while Emma and Emily got two plush toys that were twins. There was even a toy for Charlie, and I was so happy watching how happy my kids were. They played with their toys while Peter and I for my unfortunate talk about our wedding.

He wanted to marry as soon as possible because he claimed that Morgan and the spies would stop us due to, they wanted to control me. He is manipulative.