42)

I drummed with my fingers on the backs to the beat of the music. Boredom was already affecting me a lot and I felt like I was going crazy. Morgan was following Alan's car. I could see that inside they were having fun and laughing like crazy.

- I have the feeling that they will die from laughing too much. - Morgan spoke, laughing slightly.

- Is it possible? - I asked.

- I don't know, but I'm going to die of boredom. You two are the most boring people in the world. - Jade screamed from the back seats.

- Love, tell me again why she rides with us. - Morgan asked, raising an eyebrow.

- For two reasons. - I said and raised my finger number one - First, she is my cousin. - I raised the second finger – And second - there is no place to the others.

- Ha, did you see it now? She loves me. - Jade laughed and formed a heart with her fingers to me - I love you too.

Morgan shook his head in disbelief, and I took his hand lightly from the gearbox, intertwining our fingers. He withdrew his hand to change gears but gave it to me again. I kissed his knuckles making him smile. We were one day afar from the base where Peter maybe was with my daughter Charlie. I didn't have the patience to go there, took her, kill the traitor if he is there and return to our kids. I wondered what my kids were doing. Are they causing problems? Are they listening to Uncle Derek and Aunt Sara?

....................

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, and Emily were fixing the last details of their prank. It wouldn't be anything serious. They would only fill a few cans with food with climbing bugs and snakes. Classic and harmless.

- Great-aunt. - Emma screamed as she ran to her siblings.

She sat down next to her twin, and everything was hidden under the sofa. Several cards were drawn. The unsuspecting Sara came in and smiled at the nice family picture. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, and Gabriel played Uno while Dylan, Emma, and Emily watched. She left the room, leaving.

- We were almost caught. - Hannah sighed, dropping the cards.

- Yes, well done Emma. - Gabriel greeted his little sister, making her smile smugly.

- We're almost done with the prank. All we have to do is take it back to the warehouse. - Jacob said and thought.

- I have an idea of how this can happen, but we need a distraction. - Jason said, looking at Dylan - You have to distract them.

- Hard, but I will succeed. - Dylan nodded enthusiastically and looked at Emma and Emily - Are you with me?

- Yes. - Emma and Emily said happily.

- Then let's do it before our parents get home. – Gabriel spoke clapping his hands.

....................

I don't know how but I was asleep. I was wakened by Morgan's laugh, and I opened my eyes rubbing them. We were parked in on bus parking and I could see that some of the spies were in the small restaurant. Others were around the car or motors taking care of the vehicles. Morgan was leaning against the hood of the car talking on the phone and laughing. I removed my seat belt and got out of the car to go to him. He gave me a charming and warm smile before saying:

- We warned you, Sara.

- What happened? - I asked confused.

- Team Trouble has decided to scare many of the spies by putting fake snakes and bugs inside some of the food cans. - Morgan answered me and said to Sara again - Calm down, we will be back in a few days, and you will get rid of your misery.

- Oh, no problem. I'm going to punish them now. – I heard Sara laugh.

- Be nice. – I shouted and heard her laugh once again, promising she would, and Morgan said goodbye to her - How many hours have I slept?

- Five hours, I guess. - Morgan thought - We're going to travel a little longer and we're almost there.

- Really? - I was shocked.

- Yes. Milton found a shortcut and now we're on it. We have a few more hours and we will be there. – Morgan replied and stretched up, obviously because he was tired.

- If you want, I'll drive so you can rest. - I said, leaning on the car next to him.

- No need. I'm not tired. - Morgan answered honestly.

Jade appeared carrying two packed sandwiches. She held out her hands and said:

- One vegan sandwich and one normal sandwich.

- You were late. I died of starvation. - Morgan said, taking the sandwich.

- What Morgan meant was that we're very grateful. - I rephrased Morgan, even though I knew he didn't mean it.

Jade knew, too, but she nodded to me as if it is no problem. After we ate our sandwiches, we travelled once again.

However, nothing had prepared us for what was coming. If I knew all this will turn into a disaster, I would have changed all that and made things right. But unfortunately, I didn't have a time travel machine or powers allowing me to do that.