16)

Somewhere around 8 in the morning after all-night driving and changing, we arrived small fast-food restaurant around the road. Jason, Jacob, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan immediately ran to the playground to explore it while Morgan and I change Emma and Emily.

Morgan went inside with the twins while I walked to the kids who were playing. When you have seven kids can be very challenging and trust me, sometimes Morgan and I struggled, but I loved to have kids around. I could tell that Morgan loved it too because he had many siblings, including the children of other spies. There was always a kid of his age around him, so he was very happy for our large family. Maybe in the future when Emma and Emily grow up, we may have another one, but for now, I think seven is the perfect number. Especially when Dylan joined in as he instantly became a member of the family.

The kids walked with me inside and we sat at the bench with a table where Morgan was already sitting.

Emma and Emily were in baby chairs. While Emily was showing curiosity looking around and smiling, Emma was finding interest in the two toys put in front of her. They were starting to show more of their characteristics and as far as I would say up to now, I see Emily as a kind and smart kid while Emma is the typical rebel who cares for his family despite everything. We taught our kids and still teach them that the family is always and forever, and they always can rely on family.

The waiter came and gave us menus. After ten minutes the kids were eating, and Morgan and I feed the little twins. When everyone was fed, we got back in the car and drove off.

It was not quiet in the car now. Jacob and Jason talked, discussing a book they had brought with them. Hannah read quietly, and Emma and Emily listened to her, sucking on their pacifiers. Gabriel and Dylan shot arrows and grinned. Several times their arrows hit the windshield and I had to peel them off from there giving them back with the order to be more careful.

Finally, after 5 hours and 30 minutes of driving we arrived at the secret bunker. At first glance, it looked like a small, dilapidated cottage in the middle of the forest, but it turned out to be just camouflage. Going inside and going through a secret door hidden in the basement, I find myself in an equipped bunker for any situation that can withstand even a nuclear war.

The children waited in the car while Morgan and I checked to see if the bunker was safe. Whoever was here is gone.

Or so we thought.

There was a shot and I fell to the ground with my leg bleeding. Morgan grabbed me, lifted me, and tried to take me to safety, but another shot rang out. We fell to the ground, both wounded.

- We need to get to the kids. - I said trying to get up, but my leg hurt terribly, and I failed.

- They're safe in the car. If something happens to us, the car will activate "Kids" mode and protect them. - Morgan replied, pressing the wound to his stomach.

- Look, look what we have here. - I heard a male voice and turned to see the man holding a rifle and wearing a mask approaching us - Thank you for honouring me with your appearance.

- Fuck you. - Morgan was nervous.

The man did not like his comment and hit him, causing him to fall unconscious. I looked where the children were and prayed that they would be saved. I felt a blow behind the back of my head and then I felt only darkness.

.....................................

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily were sitting in the car quietly. However, Emma and Emily started to cry.

- Where are mom and dad? – Dylan asked anxiously while watching his little sisters crying.

- We don't know, but they told us not to go out of the car. – Jacob said and leaned forward – Emma, Emily, don't cry. Mom and dad are coming.

- I don't think they understand you, Smart pants. – Jason chuckled.

- Oh, I can create nicknames too. How do you feel about Bird brain? – Jacob growled.

- Stop arguing. Something is wrong here. – Hannah felt flustered – We have to do something.

- Willie Vanilli, we can't do anything. If you didn't notice, the car is locked, and we don't have the key. – Gabriel spoke looking at the girl.

- I have noticed, Prankster. – Hannah frowned crossing her arms.

- Guys, what if mom and dad are in trouble? – Dylan got scared.

- No, they aren't. Maybe they are coming every moment. – Jacob relaxed his brother.

- How can you be so sure? – Jason asked.

Soon Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel and even Dylan were arguing but they heard giggling and stopped looking. Emma and Emily were giggling and clapping slightly with their hands looking at their siblings.

- Are they mocking us? – Gabriel frowned in confusion.

- Our quarrels are interesting to them and made them laugh. – Hannah concluded and tickled the little girls – Right Emma and Emily.

Emma and Emily babble something incomprehensibly with big smiles and grabbed Hannah's finger.

At that moment, the car started beeping and the children looked around confused. Dylan leaned forward between the two seats and saw that the large screen where the GPS was lit was painted with a pacifier surrounded in red. "Kids" mode was written below, and at that moment the navigation turned on.

- Cheers, heirs of the Curse. My name is Oracle, and I am an artificial intellect created by your father to protect you. - a female voice called out - Can each of you sit in your seat?

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan looked at each other, but they obeyed and took their seats. The belts buckled them automatically and the car started on the way back.

- Where are we going? What's happening? - Jacob asked.

- I only activated when your parents are caught, and my job is to get you to headquarters, secured and unharmed. - Oracle explained.

- What headquarters? - Jason asked confused.

- You will see. – Oracle answered and the kids looked at each other more confused than ever – Don't worry. You can trust me.

- I want mom. – Dylan cried.