58)

I faked a smile when Peter hugged me around the waist in front of all people at our wedding. We were in the restaurant already married and ready to dance to our "favourite music". Peter was very affectional and touchy that I started to get angry. We dance for a few minutes, but my mind wasn't in the present. From time to time, I looked at Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, Emily, and Charlie who were sitting at our table with Peter. Charlie was in her stroller, sleeping while my other children ate. They smiled at me, but I could see they were sad. I know they didn't want Peter to be their father.

We were about to kiss once again when the door opened, and everyone looked. Morgan had entered the room wearing a white shirt with black skinny pants and he walked to us.

- What are you doing here? – Peter almost growled.

- I just wanted to congratulate you on your wedding. - Morgan replied and looked at me angrily - So not a week passed before you got married.

- Morgan, don't make scandals. - I begged him.

- Can't I be here? - Morgan frowned - I'm still part of the family.

- Morgan, leave before I call the guards. - Peter replied.

Morgan nodded and pulled out a small box. He handed it to me and said:

- This is a gift for you. I made it, especially for you. - he looked at Peter for a second before looking back at me - Now I'm leaving as you wish. I hope you like your life.

He left but stole a bottle of whiskey. The wedding continued as planned even though I wanted to finish earlier. I put the kids to bed and took Morgan's present. I opened it and there was a small ring box. I opened it too and there was only a note inside saying "Love, come to the rooftop of the hotel." I changed into normal clothes and went to the roof.

The top floor of the hotel was a large terrace where there was even a pool, which was now closed. Morgan sat at a table near the fence, looking at the horizon. I approached him and sat on the chair in front of him. At that moment, however, I noticed that he had not touched the whiskey. He hadn't even opened it.

- I thought you would have drunk the half-bottle by now. - I laughed.

- I haven't had a drink since we got divorced. - Morgan muttered without looking at me - Which isn't that much.

- Morgan, what's up? Something wrong? - I asked.

- I found a traitor among us. - Morgan said, leaning back on the table and looking at me - The traitor turned out to be a huge trickster. He managed to turn the whole spy organization against me.

- But some have known you for years. - I wondered.

- It doesn't matter. - Morgan replied and sighed - Not after they saw on camera how I tortured and killed people for hours, a month or two ago, or in the distant past.

- Are you okay? - I asked.

- The only person I trust married a fool and the spies I grew up with are looking at me like a monster. I'm perfect. - Morgan replied.

I got up from my chair and sat on his lap, intertwining my fingers behind his neck. I touched our foreheads and he immediately put his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

- You're not a monster. - I said and kissed him briefly - You are an amazing person who wants to protect his family - I kissed him again - I love you very much.

I kissed him again, but this time he wouldn't let me go. It wasn't until we couldn't catch our breath that we parted, and I could finally see a happy smile on his face.

- I love you too. You have no idea how much. - Morgan replied.

- I have to go before Peter came and finds us. – I said and Morgan frowned – Don't do that. You know I am doing this to protect you and the kids.

- Yes, I know, but it is still hard. – Morgan sighed and rubbed my back – After all, I am jealous.

- You finally admitted. – I laughed making him roll his eyes – I have to go. Where will you stay?

- In our house since I know you will move to live with him. – Morgan answered and took off a phone from his pocket – Take this. You can call me all the time and we won't be tracked.

- Okay. Take care of yourself. – I said and pecked Morgan's lips before standing up from him – And don't drink. We will drink when we reunite.

- I like that. – Morgan grinned and I left.

................

Morgan let a big sigh and looked at the horizon remembering how he just lied to Elena. He was truthful that there was a traitor who throw him from the organization, but he wasn't truthful that he stopped drinking. Morgan looked at the bottle of whiskey counting the hours that he was a sobber.

Five hours forty-two minutes and fifteen seconds.

Without even thinking, Morgan opened the bottle gulping standing up, closed the bottle and walked to the parking outside the hotel.