52)

I went back into the room and sat on the bed as I couldn't stop the tears anymore. I had to give a speech at the funeral, and this was the hardest thing for me. I almost resist crying, and I wanted to stay strong for Derek and Sara, but the moment it all ended I ran away.

Now I was sobbing uncontrollably hugging my knees. Morgan rushed into the room panting and came to me bringing me onto his lap hugging me. I put my head around his shoulder and cried in the crock of his neck. He started drawing small calm circles on my back whispering calm words.

- I lost them. I lost my parents, my twin, my baby sisters and now my cousin. – I cried – You lost your parents, your siblings, uncle, and aunts. How long we had to continue living with this?

I felt him take a shaky breath before saying calmly:

- As I said to you the first time you understand I am a spy - This is dangerous work, and you are never sure if you will get back. – he raised my chin making me look at him – Elena, look. We can't take each other's pain, but I know we are stronger together. I know it is hard and I know it won't get better after a few weeks or months, but I won't give up on you. I will be here next to you, Always and Forever.

- You almost died a few times. – I cried remembering all the bad things now and sobbed – We aren't immortals, Morgan. We can promise each other this when we live in a world where one of us can die at any moment. We can't promise that motto when we aren't sure about the future.

Morgan smiled miserably with his tears trying to come out of his sad blue-green eyes, but he didn't let them fall. He sighed agreeing with me with a small nod and touched our foreheads.

- I love you, Elena. – he breathed as I felt his shaky for a moment breath.

- I love you too, Morgan. – I replied and our lips met for a cheerless kiss.

I heard voices behind the door, and we separated. I recognize these voices as our kids. Morgan moved me from his lap placing me back on the bed and stood up. He rubbed my cheek wiping what was left from my tears and said:

- Take care of yourself and make sure you take a nap, while I take care of the kids.

- You are amazing. – I smiled at him, and he returned the smile.

He took some clothes and walked outside to the worried kids. I change back into comfortable clothes and lay down hugging one pillow. I don't know how much I spent like that, but I have fallen asleep.

I sat seeing that it was around 5 p.m. I stood up and walked around. Some of the spies were talking and drinking while others had probably hidden. I noticed Derek drinking his grief in the kitchen and I frowned seeing him like that. He had emptied half of the bottle of whiskey and as I was looking at him, I didn't see a sign he will stop soon. I went into the training room and saw Morgan training. Honestly, I don't know how it worked, but it was a fact. Between two huge rods with hooks, he climbed using only one rod. To move up, he had to jump instantly, placing the rod on the next level. He was wearing only shorts and sneakers. I could see his muscular body alongside well-sculpted abs on the abdomen. He noticed me and jumped, falling gracefully on the mattress below him. He came to me and asked with a cunning smile:

- Did you come to beat you?

- No, I would have won. - I grinned - I'm better now and I wanted to see what my family is doing.

- As Derek extinguishes his grief with alcohol, Sara decided to take our children to the playroom to deal with her pain. And I came here. - Morgan replied.

- Looking at you, you're perfectly healthy. - I said and looked at his bandage hand - How do you even manage to do it?

- This is a secret that can't just be told. - Morgan shrugged as if it were nothing – I will ruin the magic.

I punch him in his right shoulder, but he didn't even move from the pain or made a pained grimace.

- Tolerance to pain. – Morgan explained like it was obvious.

- Mommy. – I heard Emma and Emily yell running to me.

I kneel hugging my little daughters and kissed their temples. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan ran to me tackling me in a big hug.

- We were so worried about you, mom. Dad claimed you are tired. – Jacob said.

- I am okay now. – I said smiling at my kids.

- Can we do something together? – Dylan asked with puppy eyes.

I nodded and looked at Morgan who smiled too nodding. He changed into his shirt and jeans and we walked into our bedroom where Sara was playing with Charlie. The kids wanted to watch a movie together and I didn't resist.

..............................

Frank frowned once again without remembering for which time it was for the past twenty-four hours and got up from his chair. His brother Trent was rubbing the blood from his bat, standing right in front of Lorenzo, who was tied to a chair covered in bruises and blood.

- This is already boring. Let's do it faster now. - Frank muttered.

- We need him alive to find out about Peter. - Trent spoke looking at his brother and grinned - But it's all yours now. I will go to the bench.

The two brothers took turns questioning Lorenzo, but so far without success. The bench in question was the chair Frank had been sitting in for the past three hours or so. Frank nodded, taking the bat from his brother, and stood in front of Lorenzo, who swallowed hard.

- Where were we? - Frank asked rhetorically.

Lorenzo took a defeated breath, but he wouldn't betray his boss even if this mean he was getting tortured for hours and even days. The silence made Frank get a little angry and he hit the man in the kneecap which officially broke. Lorenzo let a painful groan and looked at the gangster.

- Torture me as much as you want, I won't open my mouth. – Lorenzo growled bravely.

- Always brave, but always stupid. – Frank clicked his tongue and hit Lorenzo this time it made him dizzy as he turned to Trent who was bored – Twenty-five bucks that he start singing everything he knows after two hours.

- Deal, bro. – Trent laughed viciously.

Frank turned to his "prey" which he swallowed even more nervously than before.

................

After two hours and a half of the movie, Morgan's phone vibrated to indicate that there is a message. My husband took it and showed it to me. It was a message from the two Salvatore brothers in the group they had formed.

Trent:

Lorenzo spoke formally and will answer your questions.

Frank:

And I won 25 bucks. HAHAHAHA

Trent:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I shook my head at their interaction, but at least they succeed. I saw that Morgan reply to them.

Morgan:

Coming soon. The whiskey is from me.

Frank:

I will wait. Don't forget.