30)

Peter put the mug on the coffee table leaning forward his elbow on his legs and explained:

- I was with Alexandra. We were getting back from a camp trip with her family, and everything seemed fine. However, someone shot at the car and I lost control of the car. The next thing I remember I was in the hospital with a minor concussion, but Alexandra wasn't okay. She died just four hours ago, and I needed someone.

- My condolence, Peter. – I said.

I heard Emma and Emily giggle and looked at them, but they stopped when they saw me. I stood looking around knowing that my kids don't like Peter at all.

- Oh, no. I will be pranked, won't I? – Peter got scared.

- Jacob Nikolaus, Jason Hayley, Hannah Eleonora Third, Gabriel Sebastian Erik and Dylan, if any of you do a prank on Peter, he or she will be punished with no TV and phone for one week. – I yelled so they can hear me.

Peter smiled thankful to me and took his mug of coffee drinking from it. I sat on the sofa and thought about what to say now. I can see he was still a little shaken from everything.

.....................

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan entered the playroom angry and throw their Nerf guns with which they planned to prank Peter.

- He plays with Mom like a ball on his little finger. And she trusts him. - Gabriel frowned and sat down in the chair with his legs dangling.

- He may be telling the truth about his wife. - Hannah suggested.

- Then why we didn't hear something before he came? - Jacob objected - Oracle, can you check how Alexandra died?

- Of course, Mr Curse. - Oracle said politely, and the children waited a few minutes before the A.I. spoke again - I couldn't find anything but this recording.

- Show us. - Jason said instantly, grabbing the phone from his pocket – Send it on my phone.

Everyone approached Jason and watched the recording, which showed Peter and Alexandra fighting while driving, but suddenly Peter slammed on the brakes and a bus slammed into Alexandra's door.

- He lied. - Dylan realized, looking at his siblings - We need to show Mom.

....................

I was laughing at Peter's jokes when Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan started to beg me to come with them to the kitchen. I followed them and Jason showed me footage of how Peter slammed suddenly his brakes and a bus smashed into Alexandra's door.

- He lied, mom. – Dylan said.

- That doesn't say a thing. Maybe this is how it all happened. – I said.

- No, we used Oracle, and this was the only thing she found. – Jacob objected – I will repeat it THE ONLY THINK SHE FOUND.

- Kids, stop looking at Peter as your enemy. He is suffering right now, and you're making up some conspiracies. - I scolded them.

- But you and Daddy always say that we have to believe our spy premonitions. - Hannah snorted.

- That's right, but when it comes to a mission or other dangerous situation. - I said - Go and be normal children.

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan frowned, but nodded and left the kitchen for their rooms. Emma and Emily were sitting on their play mat and looked around while playing. I sat on the couch sighing.

- Problems in heaven. - Peter laughed.

- Not so many problems as teaching our children how to know when to trust their premonitions and when not. - I replied.

- Maybe after my kid, you have to stop creating new ones. I see it is getting difficult for you when Morgan isn't around. – Peter chuckled - Mentioning Morgan, where is he?

- Business trip. It was important and he had to leave, but I guess he will return later night or tomorrow. – I answered looking at my watch and I twisted the dial to see that his heart was calm.

- And he leaves you with seven kids alone. – Peter was shocked.

- No. Since I am pregnant, I had to stay here, but before I went with him and we had a babysitter to watch the kids. – I explained.

- Is his job so important to leave you alone with all dangers that can come here and kill you? What if a thief came here and rob you hurting you? What if a gangster appears and kills you alongside the kids? – Peter made a good point.

- I can take care of myself. – I frowned, but Peter laughed – What?

- Don't get mad, but you are pregnant. How will you protect yourself with this big stomach? Hit the bad guy with it? – Peter said and burst into a laugh – Oh, my god. This will be amazing.

I frowned looking at him and glanced to the second floor. I heard the door close and I guess the kids were spying. I had to talk with them when Morgan comes home.

- I can take of myself and if someone decided to attack, he will be detected even before he steps a foot in front of the door. – I said and Peter raised his hands in surrender.

- Okay! Fine. – Peter smiled rolling his eyes – I will go because I have a meeting with some colleagues.

I send him away and the moment I closed the door, I turned to see Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel and Dylan are on the partitions of the stairs on the second floor.

- Who wants a snack? – I asked smiling towards my kids, but they just entered their rooms and closed their doors – I guess I will eat with my babies.

Emma and Emily saw that I am talking to them and shook their heads while playing with Loki and Choco. Why do I have a feeling that they are angry with me?