35)

After two weeks in the hospital, I was ready to go home. I didn't feel sore anymore. I signed the necessary paperwork and took Charlie's baby seat with her inside. She was awake and looking around. Seeing me, she smiled, and I asked her, although she hardly understood me:

- Are you ready to go home? - she just smiled like a baby - I'll take that for "Yes".

I put Charlie in the back seat and headed home. Morgan wanted to take me, but I insisted on staying with the children because the Masked Villain was still around and it was not known when he would attack. I got home and took the seat with the baby in it.

I went home and instantly Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma and Emily ran to me, hugging me happily and seeing their new sister. Morgan showed up to hug me and took my hand pulling me to go somewhere. I followed him without a doubt, and we entered our bedroom where I saw a small bed near our bed.

- By the time Charlie grows up, I've decided it's a good idea to sleep here with us and I modified Emma's and Emily's crib. - Morgan explained.

- It's amazing. Let's see if she likes it. - I said and put the seat on the bed.

I took Charlie out and put her to bed, and she yawned before closing her eyes and taking a nap. I laughed slightly and looked at Morgan.

- Rest if you want, too. I will take care of the kids. - Morgan said.

- I think I rest enough in the hospital. – I said wrapping my hands around his neck – Did you miss me?

- So much. – Morgan whined putting his arms around my waist.

- Then show me. – I said as I played with his hair, teasing him.

Morgan didn't hesitate and pressed our lips together. I pulled us to the bed, and I fell on it with Morgan on top of me. He stopped kissing my mouth and paid attention to my neck. I moaned slightly and felt him smile against my skin.

I grabbed his head, returning his lips to mine, and felt him moan himself.

I heard a knock on our door, and Morgan stepped back, breathing unevenly. I was no further from him. Emma and Emily came in, and Morgan moved away, taking the two twins to bed.

- What are you doing? - Emily asked with a small, charming smile.

- Kissing, right? - Emma giggled.

- Yes, darlings, that's it. - I smiled and pinched the twins' cheeks, making them rub them with a frown.

- Mom, Dad, I want to be here, too. - Dylan came in and jumped on my lap - I missed my mom.

- And I missed you too. - I smiled, tousling his hair.

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, and Gabriel burst into the room, and I smiled happily. My children smiled happily looking at their little sister and even wanted to play with her.

We went downstairs, where I made an afternoon breakfast for the children, and Morgan hid somewhere. He must have had a job because he had been gone for almost two hours, and when he came, he was gloomy and a little pale. I tried to cheer him up, but he wasn't in the mood for that either.

I saw him drink a glass of whiskey in one gulp and go upstairs to the bedroom. I sighed as I sat on the couch and looked at the little crib where Charlie was kicking with his little feet looking at the toys hanging over her.

I could hear Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily playing in the yard, and after a moment of thinking, I picked Charlie out. My kids played soccer and I sat on the chair wrapping the baby in my arms with a blanket. It wasn't necessary, but I didn't want the kid to get cold.

After some exhaust from my kids' soccer, I change all my kids into new clothes and let them play in their playroom. I left even Charlie with them and went to check where Morgan is.

He wasn't in the bedroom or any other room I knew about. That is why I decided to check the basement and a terrifying look appeared before me. My breath caught and I could barely catch my breath to say:

- Morgan.

The smell of blood had reeked and merged with the air. There were traces of blood on the floor, and there were all sorts of instruments of torture on the table. My husband sighed nervously, separating himself from the man sitting in a chair, pale and bloodied on the left side of his head.

- Morgan. - I spoke again - What is all this?

- What do you think it is? - Morgan growled - I'm trying to figure out who the Masked Villain is to stop him.

- By torturing his assistants. - I shouted angrily.

- I'll do it if I have to. - Morgan shouted back.

- That's not the way to get information. Have you succeeded so far? - I thought, but he did not answer - That's what I thought.

I went to Morgan and stood in front of the man. He was about forty with blond hair and dark eyes. I guess he was beautiful, but with those wounds and blood on his face, it was hard to tell. The man looked at me and Morgan angrily, but he was also scared.

- Tell us who the Masked One is, and I promise we'll let you go. - I said kindly.

- I don't know. I told your husband that, but he doesn't believe it. – the man cried desperately - Please release me.

I glared at Morgan, and he rolled his eyes nervously. He grabbed the knife and went behind him to break the ropes, or so I thought. He cut his neck killing him on the spot and I jumped back with my hand to my mouth scared. Morgan tied up the assassinated man and dragged him out of the back door. I came out of the basement feeling sick. When did Morgan become like that?