59)

It was around 6 p.m. and I changed Charlie because she had soiled her diaper. I heard yelling from downstairs and immediately left the baby in her basket running downstairs. I saw Peter line my children and shout at them.

I stood in front of him, pushing him aside slightly, and asked:

- What's wrong? Why are you screaming like crazy?

- Because these devils did a prank on me. – Peter growled and looked at the children - You? – pointed at Gabriel - Come forward - Gabriel swallowed nervously as he stepped forward - Was that your idea?

- We didn't do anything. - Gabriel cried and looked at me - Mom, believe me. We haven't done anything.

- A liar. - Peter accused him.

- I will take care of that. - I said, grabbing Peter's attention - He will be punished for two hours in the corner of the kitchen. This is a terrible enough punishment for him because he is communicative and does not like to be alone.

- Alright. - Peter nodded and looked at the clock - I have to go.

He went out every day at 6 pm and returned late at night never telling me where he is going. I waited for him to get out and squatted at my children's level.

- What happened? - I asked.

- We were out playing pirates when Peter asked us to go inside. He wanted us to admit who put the powder in his hairdryer. - Jason explained.

- But we didn't do it. - Hannah said.

- I believe you. - I sighed - Look, I know it's hard for you and you want your father. I want to be with him too, but we have to endure a little longer. Is that fine?

- How long? - Dylan asked.

- Your father is trying to gain the trust of the spies. As soon as he does, he will save us, I promise. - I answered him.

- I want Daddy. - Emily murmured sadly.

- I want home. - Emma folded her arms, frowning slightly.

- Do you want me to make you something to eat and watch a movie? - I asked them and happy smiles appeared on their faces - Go and change into clean clothes and take your sister.

The children nodded and went upstairs. Having eight children can be a horror sometimes, but I found it quite helpful sometimes. Too often, Jacob, Jason, Hannah, and Gabriel helped Dylan, Emma, and Emily change if they had problems, brushed their teeth and all sorts of other situations. They even helped me with Charlie.

I went to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. There were only two eggs and ham, which was not known since when it was. I sighed and closed the door. I took the phone out of my pocket and thought. If I called Morgan to get food, it would be a terrible idea.

With this idea, the kids will see him, and I will get Morgan relaxed because I knew he hates me and the kids live with Peter. Still, there were cameras here. So, I found a phone number on the Internet to order pizza and ordered a large family pizza.

An hour later she was brought, and we sat in the living room. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, and Gabriel were sitting on barbarians in front of the coffee table, holding plates of pizza and eating. Dylan, Emma, and Emily were sitting on the couch, also eating carefully on a plate. I sat with them with Charlie in my arms and fed her. We were watching the Lion King, which we must have been watching for the eighth time. I already knew all the lines.

The scandal between the kids and Peter had been forgotten and when it got to 10 p.m. the kids lay down on the beds immediately asleep.

I went downstairs and fixed everything by washing the dishes and throwing the pizza box away. I was about to go to bed when I heard a door open, and I went to see. It was Peter.

- Hello, Elena. Where are the devils? - he asked.

- They're not devils. They are just children who didn't touch your hairdryer and you yelled at them without reason. - I defended my children.

Peter frowned, and before I could react, he hit me, knocking me to the ground. I tried to get up, but he sat on me and started hitting me. I covered my face trying to protect myself.

Peter finally left me, and I went to my room. My hands were bruised, and I put ice on them. Then I put on a long sleeve and went to bed, but you can't sleep much because when I turned to one side my hands hurt.

On the next day, I was able to convince Peter to let me and the kids go to the near park. He agreed and the moment we arrived at the playground the kids run to play with the other kids there. I sat on one bench watching them while also taking care of Charlie. Someone sat next to me, and I immediately recognize the voice without looking:

- How are you even concentrating on where the kids are? There are seven and are already divided.

- Morgan, that is called mother instinct. – I said grinning and looked at him – You don't have it.

- But I have something you don't have. – Morgan said smiling slyly and I raised an eyebrow – Instinct for making sure that my family is safe.

- Nice try. – I laughed and looked at the playground where I could see that Jacob, Jason, Gabriel, and Dylan were playing with some boys while Hannah was playing with Emma and Emily and two more kids – They will be so happy when they see you.

- Yeah. Me too. – Morgan agreed and looked at my hands – Elena, why are you wearing a sweatshirt with very long sleeves?

I took a deep breath and turned to Morgan thinking about what to say. I didn't want him to get worried, but he was already worried. He took my hand making me groan in pain instinctively without noticing and Morgan pull up my sleeves revealing the blue-yellow bruises on my arm. I saw so many emotions from sadness to anger in Morgan that I thought that if he was a computer will overdue.

- Did Peter do that? – Morgan asked moving his glance from my hands to my eyes.

- Yesterday. – I nodded – Peter accused the kids of pranking him and I defend them. In return, he knocked me down on the ground and started to hit me. At least I protected my face.

Morgan looked back to my hand and took my other hand to pull up my sleeve again. There were the same bruises and immediately put my sleeves down trying to hide them.

- Elena, I am sorry. – Morgan sighed.

- It isn't your fault. – I reassured him.

- No, it is. I had to stop Peter when I had a chance and especially before he hurt you. – Morgan replied and pecked my lip – I will take care of it. Don't worry.

- How exactly? – I asked, but he didn't reflect me and left.

I looked back at the playground and then at the stroller where Charlie was playing with a toy. What was Morgan up to?