28)

I looked around as I saw a small shadow and grinned slightly trying to look normal. I looked at the cooked cookies that had already cooled down and was about to try them when Emily dropped her toy. She sobbed and I turned to give it. Emma and Emily sat in their baby chairs and watched me cook as they played. I was right that Emma would have a scar but as bad as it was, it was a way to tell them apart. The two were identical twins, and now this sign distinguished them.

I returned the toy to Emily and was about to turn around when Emma dropped hers. I picked it up for her and turned, but I immediately noticed that a few cookies were missing from the tray.

I knew what was going on, but I decided to pretend I didn't see it. I turned to take the tray out of the stove and saw the reflection of Dylan being lowered with ropes and grabbing cookies. I turned and he was startled. I took my boy in my arms, untying him from the ropes, and he set the cookies down, smiling innocently.

- Team Trouble, show up. You were caught. - I shouted.

Jacob, Jason, Hannah and Gabriel appeared and stood in front of me putting the cookies they had stolen.

- It was all my fault. I created the plan. – Jacob said as Jason backed him up:

- And I helped with the equipment.

I smiled. They took the blame, thus showing that they were worthy of leaders. Morgan had done the same thing so long ago. I left Dylan and gave each child a cookie.

- Because you worked in a team and even if I caught you, you did great. - I explained as I saw their confused expressions.

- Is it too late to say that Emma and Emily were also involved? - Gabriel asked, looking at the babies who reached for the cookies.

I turned to take the teething biscuits and gave them. They looked closely at the cookies, so they saw no difference. I took the tray out of the oven the moment Aurora entered.

- Oh, cookies. – she exclaimed like a small kid, and I rolled my eyes – Did I deserve a cookie?

- Only one. – I said and she took from cooled down – Is there some news?

Morgan, Tristan, Nadia, and some other spies were on a mission, and I couldn't go because I was already five months pregnant. Also, they were going to track The Villain and it was dangerous for me. I knew they can go through everything they face, but I was still worried.

- Apart from Tristan's usual dumb jokes and Nadia's screaming to stop, the trip to another base is pretty boring. - Aurora shrugged.

- This is the last base he can be, isn't it? – I asked.

- I think so. If he isn't there, I don't have other clues about where he can be. – Aurora answered.

Suddenly I heard a gunshot from the command centre and the kids jump scared. Aurora ran to check and after I reassured them, I entered inside. Spy cameras were beginning to disappear, with the only thing heard before being gunfire. I saw that Morgan's camera was still on, and he hid behind a column. The watch on my hand immediately began to vibrate, signalling that his pulse was accelerating.

- Wolf, are you okay? - I shouted anxiously using his code name.

- A gunshot wound to the leg. - Morgan said - Pretty serious.

- Get out of there now. - Aurora worried even more.

- It is easy to say. They fire at us all the time. – Nadia whispered yelled – Wait, I have a plan.

...........................

Nadia grabbed a few grenades and looked at Morgan. He realized what she was going to do and shook his head.