23)

It has been three months and three weeks since our plan worked. Tristan didn't betray us and gave us everyday information about Lorenzo. A few times he saved our lives by warning us of Lorenzo's attacks and his plans to poison us. They didn't work out, and although the information was useful, Tristan still couldn't figure out who the Big Villain was.

I sat on the stretched blanket on the floor, playing with Hannah, Emma, and Emily. Jacob, Jason, Gabriel, and Dylan chased each other with their Nerf guns around the rooms, stopping to drink water from time to time. Loki lay down next to me, watching everything without missing anything. Morgan entered the room and at that moment he was hit, he fell to his knees as an actor. The children laughed continuing to play and he came to me.

- Is there a problem? - I asked, seeing his stressed face.

- Lorenzo finds out that Tristan was a traitor and locked him up. He will certainly start torturing him soon to tell him information about us. - Morgan explained.

- What are we going to do then? - I asked.

- We must go to the beast's lair and stop Lorenzo, saving Tristan. - Morgan replied.

- Go, I will look after the children. - Jade spoke as she entered the room, followed by John and Clarisse.

Morgan stood up and helped me to my feet. Jacob, Jason, Gabriel, and Dylan came to see us, and Hannah and even Emma and Emily already knew we had to go to work.

We gathered a few spies, frankly many spies, and left. Aurora came with us because, first, she wanted to, and second, only she could track Tristan's spy earpiece. We tried to find him ourselves, but we couldn't.

Arriving at the headquarters where Lorenzo was, we hid behind a few bushes and fixed our equipment. Each of us wore thick jackets and bulletproof vests, armed with a pistol, several knives, a sniper rifle or an M16 rifle. I put the spy earpiece on my ear and looked around as I was ready. Everyone either adjusted the scope of their weapons or put on their equipment. My gaze settled on Morgan, who was close to me. He was putting the holsters of his pistol and his knife on his legs. Something inside was telling me that there will be a disaster and I have to be careful.

- If anything happens, promise me to take care of the children. – I said.

- Nothing is going to happen. - Morgan answered and grabbed my left hand where my watch was - If we are hurt, we will understand and save ourselves. No one will die today.

- I just have a bad feeling. – I revealed and Morgan squeezed my arm trying to reassure me – Are the kids safe?

- Yes, don't worry. Jade is with them alongside a few of our best spies. – Morgan said – Always and Forever, love. Right?

- Yeah. – I said as I took a deep calm breath – Let's go.

We divided into two teams. Half of the spy came with me and the other half was with Morgan, who went to the back door. I walked inside holding my gun and looking around.

Several men and women jumped in front of us and shot at us. We managed to knock them down, but we still had two wounded. The wounded remained with another spy until their wounds were bandaged, and the rest of the spies and I moved on. At one point, as we walked the many corridors, our paths crossed with Morgan and his team.

We continued together, but then there was a scream filled with pain. We all ran there and I saw Lorenzo torturing Tristan. Lorenzo's assistants started to shoot at us, but we all hide behind walls or fallen furniture.

- Go, we will take care of them. – Nadia said.

I nodded at Morgan and we both run to the room where our main target was while Nadia and the others covered us. Lorenzo fired against us, but Morgan and I avoided the attack. My husband attacked Lorenzo, fighting him in hand-to-hand combat, while I untied Tristan. He sighed with relief and helped us against Lorenzo.