8)

It was hellishly warm today, so my family and I had a pool party. I was inside the pool sitting on the stairs holding Emma and Emily in my lap who were playing with rubber toys. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, and Gabriel, with inflatable cuffs and goggles, swam through the pool, which wasn't so deep, and sprayed themselves with their water pistols. They could swim, but they were still learning, so we put on their inflatable cuffs.

Morgan managed to teach everyone last summer and it was an incredible breakthrough. He and the kids had spent all day by the pool studying for a few days, but they finally made it. I had taken so many pictures from that moment and I even made a video of each child swimming alone.

Morgan appeared beside me and sat down. Dylan sat on his lap, slightly stressed. After all, he had never swum, and I doubt he even saw a pool.

We were able to research a little about his life and found out that his parents died when he was two years old, but his life was not good. His parents were drug addicts and drunkards. He then lived with his uncle, who went to prison for murder, and so the little one found himself homeless and familyless for a month before I meet him. Morgan put on Dylan his inflatable cuffs and helped him get into the water belt. It took him a while to get used to it, but when he did, Dylan grabbed his water pistol and swam to his brothers and sister to play with them. They immediately accepted him and included him in the game.

Morgan took Emma on his lap, and she grinned, and Emily frowned. He took her too.

- The best day ever. – I said.

- You seem to have a heat stroke if you think this is the best day ever. It is boiling. - Morgan joked.

- It is the best because I'm with my family and nothing can ruin it. - I said close to his lips - Nothing in the world can change that.

- I'm glad that because I want to spend my whole life with you. - Morgan said and smiled lovely - I love you.

- I love you too. – I said.

We almost kissed when I heard someone come in and I looked. Peter and Alexandra showed up and I jumped out of the pool to greet my friends. I had invited them to have a nice family weekend with our best friends. It took me two hours to get Morgan to agree, but in the end, he agreed.

- Do I think so or are the children growing? - Peter laughed.

- Oh, this is Dylan. - I said and called him - Dylan, come here.

The boy ran to me and smiled anxiously as he arrived.

- Dylan, these are Peter and Alexandra, my best friends. – I presented him – Guys, this is Dylan. We adopted him because he is an orphan.

- Hey, Dylan. - Alexandra said, holding out her hand.

Dylan shyly grabbed her and smiled anxiously once more. He hadn't been with so many people around him yet. He was still getting used to me, Morgan, and our children.

- Can I go to the others? - he asked, and I nodded, and he ran away.

- Seven kids. You are developing well. - Peter grinned - How many more children are you planning?

- I do not know. So far so good, but if I get pregnant it won't be a big problem. - I answered and looked at my family.

Morgan, along with Jason, Jacob, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan, who had joined in, were chasing each other across the lawn near the pool and firing water pistols. Emma and Emily crawled and also participated in the game in some way. Morgan tried to hide them, but they hug him distracting him. The kids tackle him on the ground, and everyone laughed.

- They seemed happy. – Peter smiled forcefully.

- One day we can have kids too. – Alexandra chuckled and kissed his cheek.

- I will go to them. You two can sit on the sun loungers. – I said.

They nodded and I went to them. I grabbed the spare water pistol and sprayed Morgan. He smiled cheekily and grabbed me, knocking me slightly to the ground. I knocked him off me and pushed him back. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan jumped at us. Emma and Emily showed up, too, and I picked them up.

After an hour of play, the children finally got tired and sat quietly on the three sunbeds and ate ice cream while the little ones fell asleep.

- How is work, Morgan? – Peter asked after taking a sip from his drink.

- Good. – Morgan replied dryly – It's good. What about your work?

- Good. I managed to catch several drug dealers and thieves, but I also set about investigating the case of the mobsters in the city. - Peter replied.

- What mobsters? - I asked, pretending not to know.

He was talking about the gang that was currently ruled by Logan and Morgan.

- I recently discovered in the city that there is a secret group of mobsters and I want to catch them. Such people should be in prison. - Peter growled.

- Even if they help make the world a better place. - Morgan asked, and Peter nodded.

- Let's change the topic. - Alexandra intervened - Elena, how are you? Something new in life?

- Apart from the usual everyday life in this mansion with my husband and children, nothing else is interesting. - I answered.

- Is it hardly normal every day when everyone has you? You are funny and smart. Everyone should be lucky to have you in their life. - Peter said.

- Thanks. - I said, blushing slightly.

- I am right. You always managed to make my life better in the past when we were together. - Peter added – You are so amazing.

- Who wants whiskey? - Morgan asked, and I slapped him on the shoulder.

- I want some. - Alexandra said and sighed - Just bring the bottle here. It will be much easier.

Morgan stood up and two minutes later returned with two glasses and Loki running behind him. The children, seeing their white friend, began to play with him on the lawn near us.

A few hours later, Alexandra was officially drunk. I don't know why she got drunk. Everything was normal. Morgan was somewhere between drunk and sober. I put the children on the beds and went to the bedroom. Morgan lay on the bed wearing only boxers and holding onto his head.

- Why were you drinking today? - I asked.

- And why did you let Peter flirt with you? - Morgan asked angrily glaring at me.

- He did not flirt with me, he was nice. - I said, rolling my eyes.

- Oh, please. If I say something "nice" to Alexandra, you will yell at me. - Morgan rolled his eyes.

- Morgan, stop being jealous of Peter. - I told him and lay down on the bed next to him - He is my friend. - I stroked his belly - Our friend.

Morgan nodded, and I snuggled into him, resting my head on his chest. I was almost asleep when I heard Morgan mutter something thinking I was asleep:

- There are so many things you don't know and you are still innocent like our children. But I will not allow anything bad to happen to you. - I felt him kiss me on the forehead, but I remained pretending to be asleep - Always and forever, love.