26)

I sighed with boredom as I was hiding behind a bush. I was lying on my stomach and watching with binoculars a spy traitor was giving information to another man. Morgan and I were in another country very further away from home and the kids. At least the nanny liked them, and they promised not to do pranks. A spy organization had hired us to stop the spy and kill anyone involved in the deal.

I removed the binoculars and puffed again. Morgan looked at me out of the corner of his eye before focusing again through his sniper's binoculars.

- You know that's pretty boring? - I whispered.

- I thought you liked this job. - Morgan whispered back.

- Yes, but I'm hungry. - I said softly, and Morgan restrained his grin, but I saw him - Don't blame me, I'm a pregnant woman.

- I don't blame you, Love. - Morgan said, putting his finger on the trigger - Hmm, they are five now.

I looked through binoculars and saw the traitor spy with five other men sitting by the river. As I looked around, there was no one else, and I lowered my binoculars, looking at Morgan.

- Shoot. - I said.

Morgan aimed, and the traitor spy fell to the ground, forcing the other men to grab their pistols, looking around cowardly. Morgan loaded and fired again and again stopping only when all five men were on the ground. I picked up the binoculars, looking for their sniper.

My husband stood up, tossed his sniper over his back, and went to the spot. He picked up the document, closing it discreetly without looking at what was written inside, and I went to him, looking around.

- It's nice here. - I muttered and looked at Morgan, who was smiling at me with a lovely smile - Except, of course, that we witnessed a deal that turned into murder.

- Ah, those hormones. - Morgan burst out laughing, and I frowned - Calm down, we are going home.

We both went to the spy base that hired us, and Morgan gave the document to the woman. She was much older than us, but she didn't look her age at all.

- Thank you, Mr Curse and Mrs Wood-Curse. - the woman said, smiling kindly.

- No problem, Mrs. Garmadon. It was an honour for us to help. - I answered - I hope you help us when we need it.

- Of course. - Mrs Garmadon nodded, and she was about to continue as one of her spies ran to her, showing her something - Do you want one last mission before you leave?

- Which one exactly? - Morgan asked after I nodded in agreement.

- This is exactly the one you are experts at - disguise with stopping bandits. - the woman explained and handed Morgan a sheet of paper as I looked at it too - This is a mobster who has been causing problems lately.

- Elena, do you recognize his clothes? - Morgan was shocked looking at me, and I scratched my temple in confusion - He works for Lorenzo.

- What? – I said taking the paper and he was right – Let's find this bastard.

Morgan nodded at my enthusiasm, and we walked into the car. Like always our smart car change our clothes into something more formal since both of us were wearing tactical gear.

We arrived at the place just as the event started. This man will sell his guns to the gangster that offers the highest price. We were eligible to participate after Morgan was the official head of Logan's mob. We both went inside, and I saw so many mobsters from different countries. Morgan put his hand on my shoulder, pulling me close to him, and looking at me with a smile. I was also the only woman here and many men looked at me hungrily. I put my arm around his waist and kissed his lips just to show that we are together and I'm not someone you can just lure into bed.

Morgan and I went to our front seats. I sat down and looked for Lorenzo, but he was gone. However, there were many people from his group.

The man that Mrs Garmadon wanted to stop appeared on the podium and said:

- Hello, gentlemen and a lady. Welcome to today's auction. - he turned, removing the sheet that had previously hidden the pictures of all the weapons - We start with $ 25,000? - someone raised his hand - Will anyone offer $ 30,000 or higher?

The game lasted a long time and soon the price was $ 250,000. I looked at Morgan, but he was leaning back in his chair with his hand on my chair, watching each bidder. The man smiled and said:

- We have $ 250,000. First time. - Morgan thought about it, and I was confused as to what he was wondering - The second time. - the man picked up the hammer and I felt confused about how we were going to stop him and the gang.

- $ 850,000. - Morgan said, raising his hand.

- Someone higher amount. - the man grinned.

- $ 900,000. - someone shouted and I turned to see who he was, and I saw him smiling devilishly at me.

- $ 2,000,000. - Morgan responded to the mobster's order.

- First time. - said the man selling them - Second time. - no one dared to say anything - Third time. Sold to the man with his wife.

The man withdrew, gesturing for us to follow him, and we followed, leaving the mobsters to bet on drugs and some smaller weapons.

- Do we have that much money? - I whispered to Morgan.

- Not so much, but we have reinforcements. - he smiled at me slyly as his mischievous spark was glowing in his eyes.

That means he had a plan.... a very sneaky plan.