46)

- Mom. – I heard Hannah's voice and I opened my eyes stretching – Mom, we are all hungry.

I saw that my boys were changing their pyjamas while Emma and Emily were playing with their dolls. I got up and got dressed quickly. Then I helped the children by dressing them and we went to the dining room, where I could see that a part of the spies had breakfast too.

There were muffins, pancakes, waffles, and all sorts of snacks you could wish for. Jacob and Jason grabbed muffins and a bowl of chocolate and jam to spread. Hannah wanted pancakes with chocolate, jam, and honey while Gabriel and Dylan grabbed waffles. Emma and Emily, on the other hand, decided to eat cornflakes. I took some milk for Charlie, and we sat at the same table with my children.

- We found him. – Lucas ran into the room.

- Are you sure? – I asked standing up barely holding my excitement and he nodded – Let's go then.

I left the kids with Sara and ran outside with the spies, Jade, and Tristan following me. I alongside Tristan and Jade entered one of the cars and we drove.

Soon we make it to the area, hiding behind a few crates that were outside the building. We got over the plan one more time and we waited for Frank and Trent to come.

We went into the warehouse in the V format with me leading the gangs and spies. We scanned the area, and one spy pointed out two doors chained together off to the left. I gave the signal, and one spy walked in front with bolt cutters while everyone covered him and keep our guns and gaze locked and loaded on anything and everything. As soon as the chains fall to the ground, I kicked the door open. Now they know we are here.

Soon some of Peter's people appeared and I ran out while the others were covering me. When I make it to the second floor, there were a few doors and listen carefully. I heard soft grunting and hissing. There was a noise, it was faint, and I ran to the door. I kicked her opening her.

Entering inside I saw him. My husband was sitting on a metal chair, his wrists and ankles tied up with rope as he was barely conscious. There was dry blood all over his face alongside bloody bruises. I put my arms on his face and rubbed his cheek trying the regain some awareness from him. He smiled weakly and nodded showing me he is with me.

I untied his hand and immediately noticed it was broken. I doubted he can even move it. Tristan showed up too and helped me.

However, the moment Morgan tried to stand on his feet he almost fell, but Tristan caught him and put his hand around his shoulder helping him to walk. We walked outside the building and with some help from Jade and Alan we put Morgan to lay down on the back seat. Frank and Trent walked to us a little gloomy as there was a maniacal spark in their eyes.

- What happened? – I asked confused.

- Peter wasn't even here. – Frank answered and sighed – But we won't give up. We are with you and your husband.

- Thank you. – I said walking from the other side.

I sat in the back putting Morgan's head in my lap. He smiled lovely and took my arm intertwining our hands.

- I am glad that you came. – Morgan spoke with a tired and dry voice.

- Did you doubt it? – I laughed and he smiled shaking his head - Keep your strength and energy.

Morgan closed his eyes in response, and I was sure he had felt asleep. Jade got in the passenger seat alongside Tristan as a driver. They looked behind and I nodded allowing them to drive. We took off and Jade had to ask:

- What is the plan?

- We will go to the headquarters to take care of Morgan's wounds and then we will go into the secret hut taking the kids with us. I want him to heal in some quiet environment even for a few days. – I answered her.

- Do you think Morgan will agree with you? – Tristan asked.

- This is for his good. – I replied to him and looked at the sleepy Morgan – I want him to get better. I don't want him to see him so hurt and broken.

We went back to headquarters and from there Sara and a few doctors took care of Morgan. I stayed with the children trying to calm them down and explain to them that their father was weak at the moment and needed some rest until he recovered. I explained my plan and they didn't mind us going to our hut.

Leaving them with Jade and her children, I entered the infirmary where Sara was bandaging his leg. I approached and felt my anger rise inside me. Watching him so beaten up, all I wanted to do was find Peter and return his gesture.

- He is fine. Only he should not be overloaded. - Sara explained – I will leave you alone now.

She exited and I sat on the bed rubbing his cheek. He narrowed his eyes painfully and opened his eyes hard, smiling when he saw me.

- Hey, how are you feeling? - I asked gently.

- Like being crushed by a car. - Morgan answered and took my hand in his healthy hand - How are you?

- I'm fine now that you're here with me. - I answered him and he smiled even wider - I was wondering if you want to go to our hut while you recover.

- Of course. - Morgan nodded.

- But that means I am driving, and you will be in the passenger seat. – I grinned making Morgan roll his eyes and nod.