47)

I was in the kitchen making breakfast. It was around 7 o'clock and my kids would get up after one hour. I was in my thoughts when I heard someone entering the room. Morgan had entered, leaning on his crutch, and immediately ran to him helping him to sit.

- Elena, I can do it alone. – Morgan pouted.

The bruises on his face were fading away, but the two arcades on the right and the cut on his temple were still there sewed up. His left eyes were better than before, but it was still little red, and it had a bruise around it. His whole right arm was in a splint, and there was nothing he could do with it. He also had two broken ribs that were not dangerous at all, only slightly cracked, and a wound on his abdomen that was only superficial. He also had a wound on his left leg along with an injured knee and could only walk on a crutch.

I smiled at him, shaking my head in disbelief, and kissed him, making him smile finally.

- I know you can do it alone, but I am still worried about you. – I said closer to his lips, and I can feel how he breathed – Until you heal, I will be constantly caring for you like mother hawk. You have to get used to it.

- I love you. – Morgan smiled lovely and pecked my lips – You don't know how much I love you.

- You are right, I don't know. I love you too, Morgan. – I smiled and leaned back – Are you going to wait for the kids for breakfast, or you would eat now?

- I will wait. – Morgan nodded and looked at the bar trying to see what I am cooking, but he couldn't because of his place – What are you doing?

- Surprise. – I smiled and almost laughed seeing how he whined wanting to know – You are acting like a kid, and you aren't a kid.

- But I am hurt. – Morgan said showing puppy eyes – Can you tell me what you are doing for breakfast?

- Nope. – I said and walked to the bar to continue the breakfast.

I heard Morgan groan making me laugh once again, but I frowned seeing him coming to me. He wasn't so thrilled to be constantly laying down and can't do what he wanted. He walked to me leaning on the bar painfully but grinned seeing my breakfast.

- My favourite. – he smiled lovely and sweetly – You could have just said that.

- I wanted to surprise you. – I pouted.

- I can still pretend I don't know. – Morgan shrugged it off and smiled once again – You are the best thing that happen in my life. Did I tell you that?

- Yes. And I feel the same for you. – I said and pecked his lips – Now returned to the sofa before I beat you myself not to follow my instruction.

Morgan shook his head and walked back to the living room. I followed him with my glance and until he was laying down on the sofa, I didn't continue the breakfast. I wanted to be sure that everything was okay with him.

Once I was ready with breakfast, I put everything on the table, and I walked into the living room where Morgan was watching TV. Seeing me he smiled once again and after helping him to walk to the dining room.

Around 8 a.m. I walked upstairs and saw that Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily had already woken up and were getting ready. Charlie was still sleepy and the moment I took her in my arms she fell asleep once again.

When all kids were fully dressed, they ran downstairs and I just got my little sleepy girl dressed when I receive a notification on my phone. I took Charlie in one hand and walked downstairs while looking at it. It was from Alan explaining that Peter is trying so hard to find us, but he didn't have a clue where we are.

I entered the kitchen and looked at Morgan. He already understood it and he nodded to me showing he already knew it as we didn't want to say it in front of the kids. They were enough terrified because of their dad being beaten up and walking with crutches.

However, the bad things didn't end there.

Jacob, Jason, and Hannah went into their rooms as they have online classes while Gabriel, Dylan, Emma and Emily were playing in the backyard with Loki and Choco. I was feeding Charlie watching them through the window. Morgan limped towards me and I looked at his slightly angry and worried face.

- I know you don't want to talk about this, but I think we need it. – Morgan spoke.

- I know, but you are still hurt, and I want you to heal before we go face Peter. – I explained and pecked his lips – I don't want you to see you beaten like that before. Plus, we still need to plan how to do it.

- Elena, I am fine. – Morgan smiled and I glared at him – I am. I am just a little bruised.

- Little bruised. – I laughed sarcastically making Charlie smile while drinking from her bottle of milk – You have a broken arm with broken ribs and a wounded leg. You can barely walk, and you claim you are a little bruised.

Morgan sighed nodding his head and pecked my lip. I kissed him properly, but at that moment the kids rush into the kitchen terrified. I frowned in confusion, but then I saw both Loki and Choco lying on the ground dead. Morgan took Charlie and I hug my kids trying to calm them because they were crying.

But how exactly you are calming seven kids between the ages of 8 to 1 when their favourite four-legged friends were killed? As sad as it was, we had to leave the hut earlier than I wanted.

I packed my luggage and put everything in the luggage of our car. Even with tears on their cheeks, Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily got in the car and fell asleep a few minutes later. Charlie was moving in her baby seat as I heard made sounds from time to time playing with her toy that hung on her baby seat. I drove the car while Morgan sat in the seat next to me and looked at our children from time to time.