63)

Morgan grumbled in pain and tried to remove my hands. I have been replacing the bandage on his sutured wound. It has been two days and Morgan was still in pain even though he tried to deny it. Because his lungs were affected, he often gasped and could not catch his breath if he became overwhelmed.

- Morgan, stop. - I laughed - You know very well that we have to keep the wound bandaged so that it does not tear.

- It still hurts. - Morgan muttered and sighed with relief when I was ready.

I shook my head putting the things back in the first aid and took some painkillers given to Morgan. He grabbed his water and swallowed the pill. I put the first aid in my backpack and opened our wardrobe. I grabbed the only two T-shirts that he had in his wardrobe and showed him. Almost all our clothes were in suitcases because tomorrow we are finally going on our trip. ]The spies knew the plan and promised to call us only if necessary. Tristan would be something of an assistant boss until we returned.

We planned to do a two or three-month trip and if I have to admit the children were very enthusiastic. To show how much they want, Jacob and Jason managed to get excellent marks in every class in their online education. Hannah had brilliant results too while Gabriel, Dylan, Emma and Emily helped as much as they could while Morgan was still recovering and I had to split between taking care of him and the children. Only Charlie hadn't done as gracefully as the others, but she had made progress too. She didn't wake up so much at night anymore.

Morgan looked at the two T-shirts and pointed to the one on the left. I put the other one back in the closet and went to him.

- You know I love it when you take care of me. I will start to like it. - Morgan spoke as I helped him put on his T-shirt.

- Don't be too seeking care and attention so that you don't suddenly fall to the ground alone. – I said smiling smugly.

- Oh, that hurts, darling. - Morgan said theatrically and stood, immediately clutching his chest where his wound was, but feeling real pain this time - Why do the villains always target my chest?

- Heart, lungs ... piercing ... death. - I said as if it made sense, making Morgan roll his eyes.

We had restored our marriage and we were married again. When there was money and a good lawyer, anything was possible.

Morgan and I went downstairs and I saw the boys playing with their Nerf guns chasing each other around the room while Hannah, holding Charlie in her lap, played with Emma and Emily having a tea party.

The moment they spotted their father, they run to him and gave him a big hug.

- Are you okay now? – Hannah asked and I took Charlie from her who yawn sheepishly.

- I am still in a little pain, but I am okay. – Morgan answered.

- That means you can play with us. – Gabriel grinned holding his gun.

- I think that for now, your dad would take it easy. – I said instead of Morgan and the kids pouted – Baby steps.

- Yep, what your mom said. – Morgan nodded making a little fun of me and even if had to be angry with him, that made the kids laugh and feel better – Now who wants to go in the garden and play Gian Jenga?

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan knowing what it means run enthusiastically while Emma and Emily frowned in confusion and looked at us.

- We will show you. – Morgan smiled and looked at me – Are you coming?

- I have some work and I will be back. – I said and gave him Charlie who immediately fell asleep – Watch the kids and remember to put Charlie in her bed under the umbrella.