61)

- Come on. I will show you something really quick. – Peter said looking at me with puppy eyes.

- What about the kids? I can't leave them alone. – I said.

- Then we will have someone watch them over. – Peter suggested and went into the living room where the kids played – Trouble, how do you say one very good woman watches you for an hour or two while I and your mom go somewhere?

Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily looked at each other like they were discussing the plan nonverbally and they turned back to us.

- We want three kinds of ice cream, the expensive ones in the white box with the little man on it. - Jacob said.

- Actually, make them four. - Gabriel said and looked at Dylan - What did you love?

- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. - Dylan said, jumping for joy.

- So chocolate, fruit, vanilla, and Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream? - Peter asked, and as soon as the children nodded he sent a message - Done. I'm going to get dressed.

He left the room and I knelt in front of my children, frowning slightly.

- We are hungry. There is nothing sweet here. - Jason justified their actions.

- I know. - I sighed - Eat them slowly and watch your little sister. Don't give it to her for anything in the world, even if she wants to.

- Yes mom. - the children said at the same time and hugged me.

I stood up kissing Charlie, who was napping in her baby basket with a pacifier in her mouth. Peter showed up and I followed him into the car. We went up and parked in front of Derek and Sara's house. I could see them in the kitchen cooking, but I also saw Morgan sitting by the window of his room on the second floor, writing something in a notebook while listening to music.

- What are we doing here? I asked.

- You lied to me. - Peter answered and looked at me - You said Morgan didn't live here, but this is his house, and he was here when you met Derek and Sara.

- I didn't want you to cause trouble. The children wanted to see their father too. - I apologised.

- We talked about that, weren't we? I don't want him to approach you or our children. - Peter got nervous and looked at the house - I will even make sure it doesn't happen again.

He pulled out a remote and I grabbed his hand to stop him from pushing the button, but he hit me and pushed it. At that moment, two of the rooms burst into flames and I saw Morgan, Derek, and Sara disappear from the windows. Less than a minute later, the whole house was on fire, but no one had come out before.

- No, no. - I shouted and jumped out of the car and ran to the house.

I called the fire department, and she immediately started to put out the fire.

It's good that Peter had left because I didn't want to see the miracle. Morgan had managed to escape by descending from the window using sheets, but he had swallowed harmful gases. So, he was now sitting in one of the fire engines with an oxygen mask, watching the firefighters retrieve from the fire. I sat next to him holding his hand and stroking it.

- I should have stopped him. - I muttered and felt his gaze on me - I could have stopped him, but I failed.

- It's not your fault. - Morgan said, putting away the oxygen mask - I have a plan to stop it, but it will take time.

- What does it include? - I asked.

- First, we have to hide the children somewhere safe. Tristan will take care of that, and you will have to file for divorce and come to the specified place immediately. - Morgan replied and smiled playfully - We'll stop Peter there once and for all.

- Okay, and do we have Plan B. – I asked.

- Yes, we do. Plan B is to take his kid and used him against him. – Morgan answered.

- You followed him where he is going. – I frowned making him rub his neck embarrassed and I kissed his cheek – You are so smart.

Morgan laughed at that statement, but that was followed by a cough, and I grabbed the oxygen mask putting it back to his face. He took a breath as the cough disappeared and he took my hand that was still holding the mask switching it with his. He held my arm playing with my fingers and I put my head on his shoulder. It wasn't until the fire was extinguished and I was sure Morgan was completely healthy that I got home on foot.

It was about an hour later, and when I entered, I saw my children eating ice cream sitting on the couch and watching a movie. The woman watching them nodded and left. Peter came back later and he did make a few bruises on me for lying to him. The good thing is I could easily hide them from the kids and they didn't hear anything, but the bad side was I was sore and I was in pain. I can't hide that.