17)

I opened my eyes and groan in pain as my headache appeared. I looked around but there was nothing it can show me where I am. I was tied up to a chair and my leg was bandaged. I saw Morgan in front of me still unconscious. His wound was threatened too and he was tied up.

- Morgan. – I said and tried to kick him, but my legs were tied up – Morgan, wake up. – he started to stir – Morgan.

He opened his eyes and looked around just like me. He glanced at me and spoke:

- Did someone come here?

- No, I just woke up too. – I answered and sighed – I am really scared for the kids.

- Relax. I created an artificial intellect named Oracle, whose only aim is to protect the kids and drive them to headquarters where Nadia and the other spies are. – Morgan explained.

- Do you think this A.I. will be able to take care of them during the trip? Emma and Emily are babies and need feeding and changing their diapers. What about Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan? They are still young to take care of themselves alone. – I panicked.

- Elena, calm down. They are fine and they are smart for their ages. Now we have to get out of here. – Morgan said trying to calm me down.

I sighed and nodded. One man appeared wearing a mask, but I heard his evil laugh. He was wearing a crowbar and he stood between us. He twisted the weapon between his hands and asked:

- Who wants to start first with the interrogation.

- Go to hell. - Morgan shouted, and the man nodded.

I thought it would hit him, but instead, he smashed an iron lever in my knee. I screamed in pain and looked at the man, breathing hard. He turned the iron lever in his hands again and said:

- If one of you says something I don't like, the other will get hurt. - he looked at us - Did you understand how this will work?

- What do you want from us? - I asked confused.

- My boss wants you to suffer, but since we can't find your kids, I will make it between you two. – the men chuckled and hit me this time in the other knee – Now, Morgan, tell me where the headquarters are.

- I will never do this. – he yelled, but I was hit once again – Okay, stop. Our mansion is the headquarters. There are tunnels under it, and it led to the houses of the other members.

- Good. – the man nodded and walked away.

- Are you okay? – Morgan asked scared and anxious.

- Yes, I am just bruised. – I smiled – How we will get out of here?

Morgan moved to try to get his ring. He twisted and a female robotic voice was heard

- Good afternoon, Mr Curse. How can I help you?

- Hey, Oracle. The kids can't hear, right? – Morgan asked.

- No, Mr Curse. Emma and Emily fell asleep after they had their bottle of milk. Jacob and Jason are reading a book while Hannah is mumbling the lyrics to one song. Gabriel is drawing and Dylan is playing with his toys. – Oracle explained and I felt relief – We are almost in the headquarters. Do I have to change direction?

- Yes. – I yelled, but she didn't react – Why she doesn't react?

- She can't hear you. Do the same thing I have done with my ring? – Morgan explained.

- Oracle change the direction. The headquarters are a dangerous place. – I said the moment I twisted my ring.

- I can't sense anything unusual. Only Nadia is there drinking coffee. – Oracle answered as confused as A.I. can be – Do I still have to change direction?

- No. – Morgan said and winked at me making me realize that he had given the wrong location to the villain – Can you send teams five, six and seven to save us?

- Yes, Mr Curse. Don't worry about the kids, Mrs Wood-Curse. – Oracle said and turn off.

The man appeared once again with her assistants and took Morgan somewhere. I tried to get out, but the ropes were quite tight, the chair was glued to the ground, and I couldn't turn around to break it. They returned Morgan one hour and a half later, but he was barely in consciousness. I tried to hold him awake, but he was too tired. Whenever they had done to him, it drained him off. Maybe they have done even that.

After some time, a few spies appeared and save us. Morgan and I took care of our wounds and then took a bath. I was the first to be ready and went to the room. The moment I entered, Jacob, Jason, and Hannah jumped at me and hugged me. I hugged them back giving them kisses and parted. Gabriel and Dylan ran, and I hugged my little boys and kissed them on the forehead. I heard babies babbling and went to baby bed. There I saw Emma and Emily smiling and holding out their hands to me. I took them in my arms and kissed them. Morgan entered the room just then, and the children ran to him. I went to them and the whole family hugged together.

We spend the rest of the day with them and soon they fell asleep on the big bed with us.

- Maybe we should move them. - Morgan suggested, putting his hand under his head and watching our sleeping children.

- Leave them. Let's not wake them. - I said and looked at him - What did they do to you?

- They tortured me by hitting me with electric batons and then pouring water on me. - Morgan replied, and sighed - It wasn't one of the best experiences.

- But did you understand who the villain is at least? – I asked, but Morgan shook his head – Who is this villain then?

- I don't know. – Morgan sighed – Let's go to bed. I am tired.