41)

After long eight hours spent driving and taking three-four brakes, we finally arrived at the first base. Everyone started to dress in their bulletproof vests, gloves, and helmets and took their gun from the cars.

I was going to put on my helmet when Morgan stopped me. I looked at him confused, but he gave me a new one.

- What is this about? – I asked him confused.

- With this helmet, you can understand if Charlie is ill or why she is fussy. – Morgan answered – And also, I didn't love your old one.

- Thanks, I guess. – I said as Morgan raised his eyebrow – What you will do while I search for Charlie?

- I will make sure the perimeter is clean. – Morgan shrugged like it was nothing.

Once everyone was ready, we ran to the building and I signalled to Morgan, who nodded. The others understood me, too, and Simon broke down the door and we followed him inside. The men and women inside could not react so quickly to hid behind fallen furniture to hide.

I ran around and, using the stairs, climbed all five floors, going around all the twenty rooms on each floor. I found nothing and returned to the ground floor panting. Morgan came to me, stopping me, and I took off my helmet, trying to catch my breath. He had also taken off his helmet and was looking at me worriedly. He put his hand on my cheek and stroked it gently. I leaned against it before I realized we weren't alone.

- I couldn't find her. - I whispered, but Morgan heard me and gave me a reassuring kiss.

- We'll find her. The good thing is that none of our team was injured, and we even managed to talk to one of the people here. - Morgan spoke, his mischievous flame gleaming in his eyes, and he smiled slyly – He told us that Peter prefer to hide in one of the bases west from here.

- How far is it here? - I asked.

- Maybe a day or two. Maybe three. - Morgan answered and squeezed my hand -Everything will be fine.

- I know it. I just want it to end and find this person and find out why he took her. - I said determinedly.

- We will find him. - he said and looked at the spies who stared at us clapping hands - We're going to kill Peter and have someone call Tristan to come and join us. He will like what comes next.

I looked at Morgan confused but then I realized that Tristan had been tortured by Lorenzo, who worked for Peter. The spies nodded and each went to his bike or one of the cars. I got in the car, taking off my gloves, and Morgan went inside, still looking at me with worried eyes.

- I'm fine, Morgan. Stop worrying. - I told him, looking at him.

- How can I not worry? I will always worry about you and our children. You are my weak spot, Elena. - Morgan replied with a loving smile - Just don't forget it.

- No, since you always remind me. - I rolled my eyes and Morgan grinned before leaving - Thank you for everything.

- No, I thank you. I don't know what I would do without you now. - Morgan said as he drove.

I nodded and stared out the window. Two of our cars overtook us, standing in front of us, while the other three remained behind us. The bikers didn't give up either, and I noticed that there were a few ahead and a lot back.

This formation was formed so that it could protect me and Morgan if anyone decided to kill us.

After some long driving, we parked in the parking of one abundant gas shop. Some of the people were sleeping in the cars while others were sleeping on blankets under the stars. I think two spies were guarding.

I was laying almost on top of Morgan in the back seat and was drawing with my finger over his tattoo on the abdomen. He was stroking my back soothingly with one hand while the other was under his head as a pillow. I, on the other hand, was using his chest as a pillow. I looked at his face seeing that he had his eyes closed, but I wasn't sure if he is sleeping, or he just pretended. I closed my eyes soon after and before I realize it, I fell asleep.

..................

Morgan opened one eye slightly and sighed in relief that Elena had finally fallen asleep. He opened both his eyes staring at the roof of the car, which had a small window. The stars were perfectly visible through him, and Morgan stared at them for a moment, remembering how he had extracted the information from a man. He cut him every time he refused. The poor man, when he finally confessed, looked like a resurrected zombie.

Morgan closed his eyes, holding back his tears, and tried to control his breathing. He opened his eyes once more and looked at his wife, who was sleeping peacefully with her head on his chest.

Morgan was going to do anything for her. Absolutely everything, even if it means he has to die to protect her. With that thought, he closed his eyes and finally fell asleep.

.................................

I woke up and stretched. Morgan was still asleep, and I leaned down to kiss his lips. He moaned and returned the kiss, but I pulled away and he opened his eyes to look at me with feigned anger.

- Why do you always wake me like that, Elena? - he asked me.

- Because you always wake up when I wake you up like that. - I answered him like it was always obvious and gave him a little kiss making him smile - Come on, let's go.

- Can't we lie down a little longer? - Morgan asked and put his hand on his mouth, yawning.

- Move your ass, darling. - I said, rolling my eyes and getting out of the car.

Alan, Simon, Lucas, and the other spy were awake and greeted me with charming smiles. Jade walked to me giving me a cup of coffee. I looked from her to the coffee unsure before she scoffed and said:

- It is a Nescafe made with water. Drink before I took it back.

- Thanks, Jade. – I said and took a slip – Why did take Nescafe with you?

- Amanda took her hair dryer with her and you are asking me why I took a coffee? – Jade asked sarcastically.

- Good point. – I said as Morgan walked to me and took the coffee from my hands taking a slip – Hey, this is mine.

I grabbed the cup again in my hands and hold it closer to my chest like it was the most precious thing. Morgan rolled his eyes as a small smile was trying to break.

- C'mon, sleepy coffee addicts. – Morgan said as all spies looked at him, some rubbing their eyes while others took a sip from their coffeeс – Fifteen minutes to wake up and we are continuing.

All spies nodded and after 15 minutes we were on the road once again with the same formation as before.