Chapter 2: Allies

They stopped once they dropped out of hyperspace at a planet that Mietro had never been to before. It wasn't guarded at all, but then again, it was where all the smugglers went. Mietro felt strange at the thought of landing somewhere where criminals walked free with their heads held high. However, they were no longer Jedi so to everyone else they were just criminals thanks to everyone they had killed.

"We need fuel. Now stay close to me," whispered Kanan over his shoulder.

Mietro didn't have to be told twice. There were drunk people all over, whom Mietro didn't need a closer look at. He pressed close to Kanan and tried to breathe as shallowly as possible.

They entered a bar and Mietro saw some unkindly felines with their muscles bulging, who seemed to be eyeing him and his half tail as a snack. He gave a low growl to warn them off but it just seemed as if they wanted to come closer. However, they passed him and strode toward a beautiful snow leopard. Her blue eyes gleamed in the light while her claws extended.

"Leave me alone," hissed the leopard as she stood her ground from where she had been eating a half eaten wing of some sort of animal.

The larger cat pushed the she-cat's haunch. "That might be our prey now," he taunted as he bared his teeth.

The leopard lashed a paw and her claws sliced through his cheek. The cat snarled and lowered a bit. "Oh, yeah!"

Before he could leap for the snow leopard, Mietro darted forward and snarled at the cat. "You heard her, leave her be! She had this first so go get your own."

"Ha," spat the tom as he looked to his friends. "This half tailed cat thinks that he can tell me what to do." He thrust his muzzle toward Mietro's ear. "Back off, stubby."

Mietro shook his head. "I said, leave her alone," he repeated as his half tail lashed, causing pain to surge through him light lightning.

The tom lunged but Mietro stepped sideways. This cat had no idea that he was a Jedi. He was as agile with his lightsaber as he was without it. He set his paws firmly as he prepared for their attack. The tom seemed surprised, but he didn't hold back. He darted forward again and tried to sink his teeth into Mietro's shoulder.

Mietro ducked before he surged upwards and leaped onto the tom's shoulders. He managed to bring him to the ground and he sunk his teeth into the back of his neck. The other two were about to surge forward but the she-cat slammed a paw forward. "I don't think so."

Mietro sliced off half the tom's ear. The tom yowled in pain and eyes turned to them. Mietro stepped off of his back and lashed his tail in anger. The pain seared through him but, he really didn't want to let it show. He faced the tom that had first attacked him while the other felines looked on fearfully. "Leave this place and never come back," Mietro snarled. The group didn't waste anytime in turning and pelting away, leaving a trail of blood in their wake. Mietro nodded firmly as he looked over to the she-cat, who was finishing the wing.

Once she was finished she looked up to Mietro, wanting to say something but not really sure what to say. "I suppose I should thank you, but I know that I could have handled that by myself."

Mietro snorted. "You would have been scraped if I wasn't here," he argued as he narrowed his eyes.

She shook her head. "Not at all. I've been taking care of myself from moons," she pointed out as she licked the rest of the meat from the bone. "I don't need your help."

Mietro looked over at her and sighed heavily. "I beg to differ, but maybe you could have taken care of them. We'll never know."

He turned to stride toward Kanan and leave the leopard alone, but he heard the she-cat call him back. "Wait! I'm sorry, that was rude. Thank you for helping me out. I've just been used to taking care of myself. I'm Bine, by the way."