Chapter 26: Thieves!

Flashback

    "Come on," urged Brist as he stood on his hind legs, turning a bit as his spotted tail lashed. "Stretching is very important, especially now."

    A much younger Halftail, then Mietro, obeyed his Master despite the pain. He was trying desperately not to allow his body to overwhelm him, but it was difficult. The medication they had given him just made his irritable, tired, and nauseous. He wasn't about to tell his Master though, since he was embarrassed enough as it is.. He had no idea why anyone would want to have a Padawan with a seizure condition among other things.

    Brist saw that his Padawan seemed a bit off, so he drew near and lowered back down on all fours. "Hey, are you alright, Mietro," he meowed gently.

    Mietro was trying desperately not to allow it to consume him, but he was having difficulties and Brist saw it. Brist had taught him with the force to try and control it and usually it worked, paired with medication. However, something strange was happening with this new medication.

    "Let yourself twitch if it helps," meowed Brist as he sat down and neared Mietro.

    Mietro managed to shake his head. "You said it's not good to twitch," he argued as he tried to bite his tongue to stop himself.

    Brist's eyes softened. "I know that it hurts you not to twitch. Sometimes you have to and I know that. Especially now when you have the new medication that's a bit stronger than the original stuff."

    Mietro stopped trying and he allowed himself to give into his full body tremors. His tail began to lash out of control while he began to hiss madly, his mouth opening to show his teeth. He even drew back with his head twitching to one side. Brist knew that when Mietro gave into the tremors how it was painful, especially if he tried to stop them.

    Once the twitches and tremors died down, Mietro tried to relax a bit. However, something new began to happen. He lowered down and his body began to twitch and lift a bit as his back seemed to arch. Brist's eyes widened as Mietro began to try and nip the part of his body that was twitching.

    "Mietro, calm down," instructed Brist, but his voice showed the fear that he had for his Padawan. This certainly wasn't normal.

    "I can't stop it," wailed Mietro as he watched his haunch began to twitch and he turned to swat a paw at it. Brist tried to force it down, but Mietro was pretty strong for a cougar and young one at that.

    Brist then watched in horror as Mietro's body relaxed before it tensed and began to shake with his eyes rolling back in his head as he collapsed in a heap. "Mietro. Mietro! Help! Someone, help," cried Brist as he grasped Mietro's shoulders, but the seizing didn't stop.

    It was then that the world went black for Mietro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Present Day

    Halftail shook his head to clear it from the thought before he strode toward a room. He heard a thud and his fur stood on end. That must mean that someone else was in the room!

    He lowered into a crouch, his muscles jutting out while his claws were extended. "Show yourself," he ordered with his teeth bared.

    To his surprise, a beautiful silverish blue she-wolf stepped out with feathery white wings lingering at her side. A tiny pup, about the age of Swifttail, strode to her side. His pelt was exceptionally blueish gray with bright blue eyes. "Bluefeather, who's this," inquired the pup as he narrowed his eyes. "He smells funny."

    "Not right now, Keen," barked the wolf as she pushed him under her and she bared her teeth threateningly at Halftail. "What do you want?"

    Before Halftail could answer, a solider darted behind them and pointed a blaster at them. "Freeze," he shouted while his voice almost quivered in uncertainty.