Chapter 7: Mission to Mandalor

Halftail stalked forward, his ears plastered against his head. He wove around the Mandalorian streets, careful not to draw any unwanted attention to himself. In the Clone Wars this planet had tried to remain neutral. However, now the Empire had complete control. They were trying to collect some supplies and armor that was only manufactured here, but getting it was proving to be difficult.

"Halftail, have you reached the position yet?"

Halftail growled under his breath as he heard Kanan's voice. "Not yet," he snapped into his communicator. "But I'm going as fast as I can."

He found a break away and surged behind a building, panting heavily. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Molis prowling forward, his whole body like a shadow. For being a rather large Anooba, he certainly had stealth that Halftail had had to practice for years to master.

He then stalked forward with his underbelly nearly grazing the ground. He was nearly caught by a guard, but he managed to sidestep away, his eyes widening in shock. He ducked aside and saw that the Stormtrooper just passed by. He nodded his head as he saw Bine dart forward and press against him.

Halftail's eyes widened once more. "What are you doing over here? I thought that you were supposed to be on the other side."

"I can't get through," hissed Bine as she gritted her teeth. "It's like a solid fortress. We won't be able to break in."

Halftail swore under his breath. This was certainly going to complicate things. "This place seems fortified too. Molis and I keep almost running in circles around here. We're going to have to climb."

Bine extended her claws. "Molis can distract them while we climb. It's a way up, but it's our nature."

She bunched her muscles and reared on her hind legs. She sunk her claws into the side of the building until she found a strong pawhold. She began to shuffle her way up and Halftail was right behind, just in case she fell. He couldn't bare the thought of her falling to her death.

Once he made it up to the first building Halftail was struggling to breathe. Bine pressed against him. "We have a few more to go," she pointed out as she flicked her paw up to more buildings that he would have to climb.

Halftail wiggled his haunches, but before he could sink his claws into the building, he felt something push into him. He fell backwards and nearly fell off the building, but Bine managed sunk her teeth into Halftail's scruff and pulled him back on the edge of the building.

"Thanks," panted Halftail before he looked in the direction of a wiry brown ocelot with ears plastered against her head and green eyes narrowed to unforgiving slits.

"Get away from here," snapped the ocelot but Halftail couldn't help but purr. She was half his size but just as feisty. He wasn't concerned.

Halftail stood to his full height with Bine beside him. "Look, kitten, we have important business to attend to."

The ocelot let out a gasp. "Kitten?! That is not my name and the only business you have to attend to is not here," she spat. "This is our hunt!"

Bine looked over and saw a girl who was standing at the edge of the building, ready to jump and surprise the Empire. So there were other rebels that were trying to do the same things that they were.

"Why don't we work together," suggested Bine as she looked to where the soldiers were lining up.

The ocelot tilted her head. "Why would we want to do that with the likes of you," she growled as she looked at Halftail's tail.

Halftail swallowed an angry comment. "Because four is always better than two and we want the same thing you do; to bring down the Empire."

The ocelot thought for a heartbeat before she pawed at the ground, thinking hard. "I'll let you talk to Sabine. She has the final say," the ocelot meowed as she gingerly stalked over to the Mandalorian girl, who was dressed in colored armor.