005

Already dressed for my day and fully prepared for what may come next. The problem is I am going to be stretched thin on time and am going to have to use every single precious second to learn more about everything.

Even though I have two tasks. I have brought it upon myself to make sure that the three people that I have confirmed are here lose everything they worked for.

Tony. Jerico. Hector. I wonder if the other two are around.

I hear the door swing open with someone announcing themselves. "It's me."

*** Hector POV ***

"Where is Evelynn?" I hear Jerico ask me.

"Went to talk to the ghost of our past." I cross my arms leaning against the wooden railing in our backyard. "What do you think of it? Doesn't even look a little bit like that kid but he looks like he has been holding a grudge."

"Or they beat emotion out of the whiny twat," he counters. Crossing his arms he sighs, "We should tell and warn the others that if that idiot is our bodyguard he might be spiteful."

"He won't be. Eve is making sure about that."

"You trust that guy around her?"

"Kind of in the job description." I rub the back of my neck. "See if you can find some time to talk to him, it feels like he is going to plot against us... I don't want him around us any longer but we should talk to the other three and see if we can just get rid of him."

"I'll contact the same agency."

"You can?" I arch my brow at his suggestion.

"I have contacts." He rubs the back of his neck. "If he steps out of line or the others even think he is doing something we can stop him in his tracks."

"Good." I then take a deep breath as I ask, "Akali and Tony are working things out yet?"

"She is coming around. I am trying to talk to her to get her to talk things out with the idiot because he is blowing his only shot with this girl and he is lucky that his first impression made her catch feelings but she isn't going to let his shit slide for long."

"He is a jackass," I rub my nose, "that temper is going to cause some real problems quickly if he doesn't get it under control."

"He is just in love, maybe a bit too much."

*** Normal POV ***

"Would you be able to do that for me?"

I nod. "I have five names of people under my contract, the entirety of K/DA is under my protection and as long as the contract is in place I will see it through. That is how it works."

She nods slowly, I can see the concern in her expression. "So just... stick around with Akali and Seraphine on the way to the studio and even if either of those two tries to go with their boyfriends stay with them."

I don't ask for her reasoning, she must not trust the idiots dating those two. Or is there just a genuine cause for concern, if she is relying on her gut I will be able to tell if her gut feeling is in the right place?

"And what about the three of you?"

"We'll be here." She states. "We still have security for when you aren't around because the real reason I hired you is not for protection but to kill the snakes by cutting their heads off."

"Do you have the information I can work with?"

"Just my gut feeling." She holds her expression, her yellow eyes shimmering in the early morning sun's glow. She quickly lifts herself as she expresses. "You will be paid for the work."

"We both know what happens if you don't."

She nods. "Money talks." She leaves through the door leaving me to get ready and catch up to the two girls I am going to be escorting today.

I arm myself appropriately and then head straight for the vehicles where I can see the two of them have already started hovering around. Akali I met last night while I was roaming around the house to burn the layout to my memory but I don't recall ever seeing the other girl... I haven't met Ahri or Seraphine but the description alone tells me that this is Seraphine.

She folds her arms in front of her and smiles at me. "A pleasure to meet you, sir."

"Morning," Akali adds after her

I return the greeting with a silent nod.

Seraphine then clears her throat. "Sorry for having you accompany us but Evelynn has been adamant about having someone protect us until the police finish their investigation."

Akali is watching me through the corner of her eye and is still silent but she is watching me rather intensely.

I shake my head. "This is my job, don't feel the need to apologize for my being by your side. You don't even need to acknowledge my presence unless I am informing you to do something for your own safety."

"Got it." She looks at Akali. "Akali what are our plans again?"

She finally breaks away her gaze on me. "Need to get to the studio and get our work back to our place because of this whole fiasco."

"Elmar said he was also meeting up with Tony at our usual place."

She sighs. "Yeah, they will be staying the night, maybe."

Seraphine doesn't hide her concern for her, the funny thing is I also know that name. So I am so fortunate to have all five of them in the same place dating the five people I have to keep safe in my life.

How funny.

I hope I see the look on your face, Bernard. I guess your pretty boy face made it easy but I hope I get to tear the mask from your face and show how wicked and sadistic you all are. People don't change... they just find new ways to hide their nature.

And we are all creatures of nature.

I just happen to be vengeful.

Call me petty for holding onto that hatred but I will feel a hell of a lot better when I am not the one on the ground with shit in my mouth.

I then gesture for the car. "I'll drive. Just tell me where we need to go."

"Okie."

I walk towards the car with the two of them right behind me, I open the door and gesture for the two of them to hop in. Seraphine jumps in with a smile and Akali almost looks shocked... I am curious about what her perception of me is.