035

***   Normal POV/18+ warning for sure   ***

"Does it not hurt?" I hear her ask behind me.

"It's just a few cuts," I state while she disinfects the little cuts I have from the glass I was breaking and jumping through. "But you know this is a bad idea, right?"

"I don't care about them, how Tony-"

I stop her. "I am an Agent working for an Agency that kills people on a regular. As long as I am busy with this contract and working you actively choose to run the risk of being a target to get to me even if we try to keep you a secret."

"Oh... that."

"I am not worried about Tony." I express my lack of concern.

"There." 

She climbs off of the table, packing up the medical kit that I stole from the Agency because I didn't want to stick around for them to treat me.  She places the kit on the table and sits down on the seat across from me.

"Uhm... should I leave then?"

I narrow my eyes. "Do you want to?"

She shakes her head. "I know what I want."

I crack a slight smile before expressing, "Doing what we want to do matters more. There is a fine line between what we should do, and what we need to do, but it is up to us to decide if we want to miss out on it or not."

Resting her hands between her legs. "Yeah," she quickly nods, "I think so too. But... what about your situation?"

"I still have a job to do."

"Right." 

She locks eyes with me, it's obvious she wants to say something but can't get the words out. I lift myself out of the chair to see her head follow me, I place my fingers against her jaw so that she looks me in the eye.

Her breathing has slowed, her lips are parted, and her pupils dilated.

"Stay the night?" I meant it as a question but only realized after the words left my mouth that it sounds more like I am telling her to stay here.

"Y-yeah. I want to."

I guess both work. But with the off chance that someone saw the two of us, there is an even bigger chance that Tony learns of it and tries to do something about it and leaving her alone when that Love Potion is still a thing is a terrible idea.

Shin still needs to get back to me about that and the rest of their production labs. It is more a drug than a chemical but I can't discount the fact they might try to use it on her.

This is where it gets serious.

She expects me to save her, and I don't want her to get hurt.

This is dangerous for both of us.

I close the distance to kiss her, she lifts herself out of the seat and I grab her by the waist and leg. Lifting her on top of the table she wraps her legs around me while I savour her taste.

I tuck my hand underneath her shirt, feeling her abs before holding her close to my body with my arms around her back. She gently wraps her arms around me, allowing me to hold her as she breaks away and rests her head next to mine.

"Have I told you already?"

"Hmm?"

"That you make me feel safe." She whispers into my ear.

"And I-"

"This is part of your job?" She pulls away, watching me with a raised brow.

"Want to protect you."