042

***   Kai'Sa POV   ***

I walk into the dark room with the only light coming from the bar. I can't sleep, not with what just happened. Not with everything that is on my mind, I walk towards the person sitting on one of the stools drinking a drink.

"Can't sleep?"

I shake my head. "You too?"

"Not tired," Evelynn answers simply, "want something to drink?"

"No thanks."

She lifts her shoulders, "By the end of the night you might have to take a shot or two to get rid of the nerves."

"Nerves?"

Eve nods, "Something is wrong, you freeze the entire time, you don't nearly talk as much as you used to, and you don't smile when you are on your own either. The only time you smile is when Jerico is nearby so I am starting to wonder if he did something to you too."

I feel the strain in my throat. I try to speak but Eve only chuckles as she asks me again, "Want something to drink?"

I furrow my brow only to see her watch me with a gentle smile. I give in and breathe out my answer, "Yes, please."

She lifts herself to make something to drink, I watch her silently as she spins around the bar and finally places a glass down in front of me. I take a large gulp, feeling the bitterness in the back of my throat and then settle in my chest.

"Nasty."

She chuckles, "We don't have any of the good stuff left. Being quarantined in our own house like this really does that to a person."

I nod. "Akali... is she okay?"

"Our Agent said that she will be fine and I trust him more than I would have trusted Tony to do the right thing but then again there was never much of a competition between who I'd prefer sleeping with her."

"He killed him."

I feel my hands shake, "Do you think he did the wrong thing? Killing him?"

I shake my head, but I can't force the words out. I know he deserved anything that came to him... for hurting Akali, to scare her like that. I just can't find it in myself to say the words, that he deserved to die.

"I listened to a podcast once."

I look at her, "Podcast?"

"Hm mhm. They were talking about human nature and how being cruel is wicked and people with the ability to be cruel or wicked are dangerous... that you shouldn't consider them human, that we should ostracize them."

She then points at me, "But then there are people like you, sweet, endearing, pure, a kind soul. The thing about that podcast that irks me is that they describe people like you to be our leaders and the only people with the capacity to do the morally acceptable thing all the time."

I shake my head. "Isn't that just pandering for something that is impossible?"

She smiles at me, "Not everyone can be you."

I shake my head. "I wanted him to die... I was glad when (Y/N) said he killed him."

"That's where this comes in. The reason I hated listening to that podcast."

She crosses her arms and then looks at me with a smile, "We are all capable of being terrible people. On the note of trying to find out who is Alpha, Beta, and Sigma. A lot of those don't really ever matter at all."

"The classification does have its perks but ultimately promotes sheep behaviour. The one thing I look at, it hides in their eyes and often gives them away."

"Take (Y/N) for example. He has the capacity to be wicked, and cruel... but if he is a person like that why would Akali look his way in the first place? It is the people with the capacity, and the self-control to realize they have the power to that kind of person but they actively make a choice not to be that kind of person."

She takes a long sip from her drink. I finally finish her sentence, "You see it in their eyes, the people that can't help to be wicked."

"It is in human nature to be wicked, but they made it their personality. A core thing you can associate with people like them.."

I take another gulp from my drink, still not used to the taste at all.

"Talk to me, Kai'Sa."

I lower my head between my shoulders. "(Y/N) told me that Jerico cheated on me."

"And you believe him?"

"I don't know what to believe." I cross my arms on the counter and lower my head to rest my eyes a bit. "I... two years that we have been together Eve and he just tells me that he made out with his colleague... now Akali was kidnapped by their friend and I can't help but feel so trapped."

"Ask for proof," Evelynn states simply. "He is an Agent of a prestigious Agency. He will not come to you without evidence. He knew what kind of person Tony was before I even hired him but only acted now because there was ample room to prove that he was wrong."

I lift my head. "Wait-"

She smirks at me, "Hmm?"

I furrow my brow at her. "What do you mean he knew what kind of person Tony was?"

She gestures to her eyes. I furrow my brow rummaging through all my thoughts all over again but I am too tired to make any connections on my own. I sigh heavily and drop my head back on my arms.

"Eve-"

She interrupts me. "I have playing stupid for a long time, you know that? I saw that all of them were actively gaslighting and manipulating Akali to stick around Tony because he did truly love her in his own twisted way."

I lift my head to look at her with a furrowed brow. "Jerico also did it, I asked him to stop."

"They never did," she nods, "but forget about everyone else for a moment. You need to figure out if he was lying to you or not."

I ask her. "Do you think he'd do it?"

"I can't give you the answer. I am afraid that anything but the truth won't satisfy you. He is awake right now, he doesn't sleep till an hour or so from now."

I hesitate. "What if-"

"What if it is true? Then it is up to you to make a choice."