053

I push myself out of the wreckage shooting the first trio I see. Placing all my shots into their faceplates that burst into dust and stone with blood spewing through the other side. Transitioning my sights to the last one behind the car I shoot through the window into his gut while his shots rip through my upper arm.

Gritting my teeth, I fall to the ground and shoot at his ankles. He drops to the ground screaming loudly, I roll over to my knees to survey the area.

Tearing off the sleeve, I drop the gun between my knees and wrap it around the wound in my upper arm. I don't know if it cut through my muscles yet, but I can still use my arm; that is all that matters right now.

I glance over my shoulder to spot another high-armoured vehicle approaching me. I spin around emptying the rest of the magazine into the windshield cracking it open as blood splatters and the car swerves into the wreckage beside me that launches towards me knocking my legs out from underneath me.

"F-Fuck!" I scream.

Trying to jump over it, but it caught me by the ankle. My head is spinning, I hit my head on the pavement.

I chuckle at the realization that I can't feel my left leg. Despite that, I crawl over to one of the corpses, using the gun as a cane of sorts to help me get to my foot before I drop to my knees killing the operatives climbing out of the car that crashed.

"Just numb from the shock," I try to convince myself because I don't see any blood coming out of my leg.

Maybe something broke on the inside but the adrenaline isn't helping me figure out if I am hurting or not. I drag my leg behind me while using their weapons as a cane to drag myself to one of the stores.

I push through the door of a drugstore. Fucking perfect.

Tires screech just outside of the building. No sirens. More militia.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, busted. I toss it aside and then opt for my work phone which only the screen is cracked with the top corner being nothing but black.

"Good day, Agent. It is rare-"

"Is the hit on my head still there?" I ask him.

I drag myself to the back, dropping in the isle I rummage around for the strongest painkillers I can find to keep my rush going. I am going to crash at any moment now because I have to take this slow.

"It has been deactivated as of late, Agent. Is there a problem?"

"Was just checking to see if I can pinpoint who is trying to kill me this time around," I swallow a bunch of pills and then take a deep breath.

"Are you dying, Agent?"

"My account. Empty it. Send all of the funds to the backup account number attached to it. All of it."

I hear one of them outside the door. "He's in there somewhere, gas him out."

I lower my voice. "Cross off my name."

"I am sorry, Agent. Are you implying that you will be operating outside of our jurisdiction? We will not be able to freeze the hit on your name if you give up your position as a valued employee."

"Yes. Ping this location to every hunter, I am not going anywhere. I will be waiting."

There is a short pause, I can hear a metal canister hit the ground and gas spewing out of it.

"Then I will need both of your identification. Passcode, and your termination phrase."

I shut my eyes while fixing the surgical mask to my face. "0172077. D-Class. Death. Passcode: Major Crimes. To your HEALTH."

"It was a pleasure working with you, (Y/N) (L/N). May your God forgive you, and may your Demons prey on your victims. The Agency bids you farewell."

The call cuts, I glance at the phone as it was remotely disabled. I toss it to the side, resting my head against the racks I take a deep breath before chuckling to myself. Not the way I wanted to leave the Agency but why not use them to save my ass?

It's starting to burn my eyes, but at least I am managing to keep most of it out of my system. The gas starts to settle and I crawl to the end of the aisle. I aim around with my sights on the door and I mow down the first three people I see.

"He can't stay in there forever!"

I pull out the mag, seven bullets left.

I lift myself, the feeling in my leg has returned but it is still numb.

I peek around the corner, then pull my head back to wipe the tears out of my vision while I push towards the entrance. I shoot two through the window. Kill another one near the entrance and then toss the gun aside before I slide towards one of the corpses.

I steal four mags from his corpse and stuff them in my pockets while I take his rifle.

I rest on top of the corpse's chest and aim through the sight at another duo trying to take cover. I miss my shots and then pull my head away considering the fucking sight was misaligned after hitting something.

I lift myself from the pool of blood from the corpses and step out of the building with my eyes on the vehicles. Down the road, I spot another vehicle that doesn't belong to the militia and probably the Agency's hunters going after me.

I run towards the furthest vehicle, I crash against the door and spot someone sitting in the driver's seat watching me with wide eyes.

I push myself away with the rifle trained on his head. "Hands. Now!"

He lifts his hands from the steering wheel, I hop open the door and climb in beside him. Taking his sidearm I hold it against his head.

 "Get us both the fuck out of here."

His radio sounds off. "Echo, this is Overlord. Hunters are closing in on your position along with an unknown party. Advise caution."

I grab the radio and toss it out the window. He starts reversing and driving away from the area, we pass a group of armoured vehicles heading to my prior location and it looks like they really did plan on sending a small army after me.

"I..."

I command him. "Overlord. Take me to them."

"I-I can't do that-"

"Decide if you are going to be the one I take my time killing to find answers or if Overlord is going to be my guest for the night," I twist the gun, "am I someone that is worth dying for? Are they?"

He shakes his head. "N-no, sir."

He sounds young. Doesn't matter. I can't trust him either way.

"How many of you?"

"Small. Hired to take care of someone highly dangerous, sir. We were contacted a day ago and given information but," he clears his throat, "none of us really knew what we were going after."

Doesn't matter now, unfortunately.

I have just one more loose end before I get to the last two fuckers.

I just wonder if it is worth it, you know? They don't really understand, but I am quite sure they will blame me all the same. The Devil will cry, because no matter how this ends there is a special place in hell for me and I have a feeling I will be reaching it.

To either take them all there personally or join them.