062

***   Elmar POV   ***

Walking through the main door of my family home, I give my dad a tight hug. "Hey, thanks for letting me crash here for a bit. Is... is still up?"

He shakes his head. "Dead asleep, school tomorrow."

I chuckle. "Won't bother her then," I rub the back of my neck as I can see his gaze locked onto me. "Said I'd explain the situation but..."

He gestures for me to step inside. "Heard from Bernard that the two of you have been in some trouble lately, thought I said to keep a good clean act in front of everyone and not expose the business."

His tone is still quiet and calm but I can just feel his anger with the way he chose his words. This has been a family-run thing for a long time and we fucked with the wrong people and everything in our organization is trying not to topple.

"We need to kill him." I exhale.

"The Private military?"

I pull my gaze away. "We haven't heard back from them ever since they called the hit a couple of days ago."

"Hmm." He rubs his face as he exhales. "Just stay the night, I'll talk to Bernard about the plans because there is no possible way for ONE fucking person to do this. We've been-"

"He's dangerous," I warn him. "Don't fuck with him on your own, Bernard has a plan and we've been tracking them. They are just a bit outside of the city on some farm, lucky that they placed those trackers on one of the girls."

"Getting out of this situation is going to take five fucking miracles," he drops on the couch. "Just... I'll think about something."

"I am just going to clean up," I gesture to the stairs leading to the second floor of our family house. "Is mom around?"

"Not tonight, she'll be back tomorrow morning so if we should do what we have to do tonight."

"It ends tonight," I express with a firm nod. "That fuck, our problems, all of it."

He doesn't say anything as I walk up the stairs to get a change of clothes. I push through the door and shut it behind me, the room feels unnaturally colder than the others, and I look up to see that my window is open.

There he is... he is here for me...

I can only feel my heartbeat, nothing else.

***   Normal POV   ***

I watch him, he is still frozen in front of his door. I cock my head at him before I glance at the pistol in my hand. The metal shines with the moonlight that is shining through the window of a clear and beautiful night sky.

"You-"

I look up at him. "Your sister is sleeping in the room opposite of this one, make a sound and I murder them in front of you." I lift myself to see him step back into the door.

"Fucking freak, you are no better than any of us."

I cock my head at him. "Where is Bernard?"

"How'd you find this place?" he mutters.

"Seraphine," I answer. "She's been here before at your family house, said that you never lived anywhere else because you loved your daddy so very much. It makes me feel like this is a family business."

"Fuck's sake..." he glances at me through the corner of his eye. "You already know."

I move quickly, I grab him by the collar and throw him away from the door and towards his closet. He falls to the ground and I press my heel against his temple. The dirt under my boots is smeared across his face as he tries to lift me off of him.