015

I meet up with Tony and Akali who are having what looks like to be a pleasant conversation for a change. I shake my head, forcing my face to look tired as if it has gone through exhaustion. I narrow my eyes slightly.

I breathe heavily with a wheeze as if my lungs have given up on me. Parting my lips to make him believe that I am starting to lose control over basic functions... there is no way to tell but something like this might work.

"Shit... are you okay?" Tony remarks, his concern plastered on his face. So I made the right call.

Akali turns around, worry on her face. "Did something happen?" She approaches me quickly as I almost collapse to my knees, she catches me on time looking around frantic.

Tony walks up to her. "Get him something to drink! Quick!" He takes her place holding me to my feet.

"Just hang on-" She rushes inside. 

He scoffs whispering. "You get what you deserve."

I feel him let go of me but instead of collapsing to the floor I stop faking that I took their poison, his eyes widen the same way people watch their lives end before their eyes. Not pulling my gaze away, I watch him quietly with a deathly glare.

"You-"

"What's wrong?" I ask him. Stunned, it looks like he is contemplating if everything leading up to now was worth it. "What do you think I deserve?" I ask in a whisper.

I hear her getting closer and instantly swap back, dropping to my knees I hear her step closer with her hands resting on my back. "Why wouldn't you keep him on his feet?!"

"I- he fell-"

She places a cup to my lips, I grab it drinking the water to both sates my thirst from exercising and watching him lose his fucking mind.

"You are just watching him. Is this your way of helping?!"

"Akali I was just-"

"What excuse is it this time?" She scoffs. Then lowering herself beside me. "Are you okay?"

I shake my head as if to regain my senses before stating. "Sorry about that. I've been pushing myself, haven't drunk anything and got dehydrated after that session with you."

She breathes a sigh of relief. "Why you of all people are so careless is beyond me."

"It's a rouse," Tony states. "It's so obvious he is just doing it for attention."

She looks back at him with a furrowed brow. "I can't believe you right now," she exhales with frustration.

"Can't you see it?" I hold my glare only for him to shake his head and turn away from us. "Fuck sorry I am just... frustrated."

She sighs. "You make me frustrated."

I shut my eyes as if to recover. We hover around as I then finally lift myself stating. "I'll just quickly get something to drink... then I'll be fine. Thanks, Akali."

With a weak smile. "No... it's fine. Just don't forget to take care of yourself as well."

I smile at her, and her smile instantly widens in response. I weakly walk back to my security office to fake that I am getting something to help with my dehydration. There are many ways to kill someone... and Tony...

He'll kill himself for me.

***   Akali POV   ***

"What's wrong with you?" I cross my arms as I look at him.

Rubbing the back of his neck. "Frustrated. Last night... and... I don't know he said something about it being an inside job and it made me stay awake the entire night and I can barely think straight."

I walk up to him, touching his shoulder. "Tony..."

"Sorry..."

I shut my eyes sighing. "Maybe just rest up a bit? I can get food for all of us with him. Buy you the same you always get?"

"No I-"

I grab him by the shoulders. "Come on. You are freaking out. Please just... go and rest up a bit and I'll bring you something to eat. Okay?"

He nods slowly. "Okay. Fine."

I finally smile at him. "He isn't your enemy either. Okay?"

"I know that."

I then gesture for the door. "Come on. I'll walk you to one of the rooms and then just get some rest."

The two of us walk back as he asks in a soft tone. "Know that I still love you right?" I glance at him through the corner of my eye, searching his expression to see if he really means it. "That's why I am so fucking stupid when it comes to you, nobody else mattered to me as much as you do."

I don't have anything to say to him, he blew it so many times that it feels like he is just coming up with excuses... that there isn't really any point getting into it. But why do I want to believe this idiot?

Do I really like him? Or am I just scared about what will happen to the other girls if I ruin my relationship with Tony?

I am not ruining it. He did.

I am so lost...

What do I even do?

"I... loved you," I admit. "But we can work on that, no more second chances. Okay? This is the last time and-"

"I will make right by you." He turns around to hug me, I allow him to hug me while I try to hide my upset expression.

"Yeah..." I bet you will.

***   Normal POV   ***

I am waiting for the two of them to come back. I have a feeling that he isn't going to want to be near me, not after the scare I just gave him. The more he starts panicking thinking that I am on his trail the more the others are going to push him away.

I'd call them dogs but nothing compares to their loyalty and love.

Even snakes have a better name.

But I guess in this instance, calling them human would be right. Wicked creatures. Monsters.

"It's actually insane." I glance to the side to see Akali walk up to me. "The way you can just get your composure back like that as if nothing happened."

I cock my head. "Sorry for giving you a scare."

"Ah." She shakes her head. "No, I am just glad it isn't anything major... but you seriously should take care of yourself."

I state. "Used to these conditions. I forgot to take into consideration our practice before going on with my day." I then look around as I ask. "Tony?"

She sighs. "Sorry about him."

"Don't apologize for him."

"Feels like I have been doing that a lot."

"People that can't take accountability for their faults often blame it on others, make them believe that it isn't their fault and force others to take the weight alone."

With a slight smile. "Know what that feels like. It's fine. Let's get going?"

I only nod as I lead her to the car.