025

Sitting on the chair she watches me with an annoyed stare.

"Why not just ask your girlfriend Shin to do this as well?"

Akali who was waiting outside peeks her head inside the door. "Girlfriend?"

Liz then glances at Akali and then back at me. "I better be getting a cut of that pay if I am going to have to sit here all night where I could be doing literally anything else."

"You'd be doing me a great favour."

"I don't talk with favours."

I then toss a card towards her, she doesn't flinch and catches it between her fingers with ease. Twisting it around she looks at the card and then slowly smirks at it before tucking it into one of her pockets for safekeeping.

"Nobody will leave this place or get in."

"Good." I nod.

Akali then looks at me with a furrowed brow. "Wait are you leaving?"

"I have to take care of my family tonight, something happened to my sister and I need to go and see her." I express. "So Liz here will be taking over my post for tonight while I quickly leave for the night."

Akali nods slowly and then look at Liz. "Uh... pleased to meet you."

"Please don't talk to me, little creature."

"Creature?!"

"You are too hot for your own good." Liz breathes out. "Enough to make me want to buy the contract over from you," she looks at me with a smirk, "You get all the good contracts. Making me jealous."

I shake my head at her. "Keep it professional."

She then points at Akali. "Professional, then why is your client looking at you like a puppy that is looking at her owner walking out on her?"

"Because someone here is a threat to her safety."

"Or maybe there is something else~"

I ignore her knowing that talking to this woman any further is just going to be awkward for all three of us. I look at Akali as I state, "If you feel unsafe and are willing to sit with her then you can stay here."

Liz smirks at her. "Heard that you are more important right now seeing as a nasty little man with hairy hands really wants into your pants. I'll take care of you, little shadow."

Akali looks at her in disbelief and then back at me with a look that is practically begging me to not leave her safety to her. The thing is, Liz is only acting like this because I am here because the two of us grew up in the same academy.

We have a strong rivalry that is hidden under a weird friendship.

"You can trust her." I express as I head to the door.

"I... okay. Stay safe, okay?"

I return the gesture. "Only if you stay safe."

"I will."

"Good." I walk away from the two of them and climb over the gate so that nobody can stop me from leaving.

***   Akali POV    ***

I glance back at the woman sitting on the seat with crossed legs. She is watching me with that same look. I mean there is no reason for me to not trust her considering everything but maybe I should sleep in my own bed tonight.

"Uhm... I will be sleeping in my room tonight."

She lifts her head, almost like I was giving her an order. "I'll be roaming around the hallways to make sure no perverts try to jump that sweet little ass of yours."

"Uhh-"

She snorts. "Relax. I won't touch you, not my type."

"That doesn't make you sound any better...."

She lifts her shoulders. "Not really here to impress you but just to make sure that man doesn't come back to kill me after I went out of my way to do him a favour."

"Even though you are getting paid?"

"How the agency works." She sighs. "So I am going to have to be straight with you but I have a massive crush on Kai'Sa and I am going to need you to introduce me to her before I make my stay here incredibly unpleasant."

I can't tell if she is serious.

"Oh and also going to need you to be straight with me." I look at her to see her watching me with a stern expression. "You two fucked, didn't you?"

***   Normal POV   ***

My skin crawls as if someone is cursing me under their breath. I am really starting to worry that Liz was the worst person to ask and I should have just asked Shin because she doesn't talk to anyone she doesn't trust.

Liz is just malicious.

I guess we learn from our mistakes, I just hope she doesn't do something incredibly stupid while taking my spot for the night. Everyone else has been informed about me being missing for the night to 'take care of my family'.

I reached the area. Walking around the bazaar between the people I try to see what is what. Try to find things that are out of place before I go sit down at a very specific place, using the easy way into the black market.

I sit down only to have someone sit down next to me. "New face."

I cock my head as I breathe out. "Met after dark."

He rubs his nose with the back of his hand. "So you found us, why?"

"So that you can hold me down."

"Then I shall lift you up."

"To let the world down."

He glances at me, shooting me an intense stare he only shakes his head at me before leaving my side. I glance at the seat to see that he left something behind, I don't reach for it just yet and hover around for another couple of minutes.

Looks like Shin's intel is good... I mean she knows how to make anyone squeal.

The lights flicker in the bazaar and then shut down completely. I grab the card and leave for the furthest exit skipping a few steps because I only need this to get into the black market. I don't plan on being initiated through their lengthy customs.

The lights return and I am long gone, they won't be able to find me because I am already headed far away to go to one of their hideouts to see what is what. I only needed this card because it is a fast pass through most of their security.

I wonder what awaits me deep down in the pits of crime.