059

The safe house, there is nothing incredibly special about it other than being a big farmhouse that has had more money gone into it feels like an estate but still looks like a farm so people would avoid it entirely.

Everyone hates the stench of cow shit.

Even then that plan just faded away and they got rid of the cows because it just turned out to be a lot more expensive and it switched to a small plot of land of what can be described as a once-wealthy farmer retired.

It's far enough from the city so that people won't really pay any attention to it.

I have already set up in one of the rooms on the ground level, I hear someone knock on the door in the middle of me getting out of my torn and grimy clothes. I glance over my shoulder to see Ahri peeking through.

"Come in."

She steps inside. "Those bruises..."

"I walked out in significantly better shape than everyone else," I state with a brief exhale. "Are you okay? The attack-"

She shakes her head. "Never mind me, you look terrible. Can I help clean up the wounds and bruises?" I take a deep breath and then smile at her.

"Let me shower first at least before you get carried away with any of that."

She holds her serious expression before nodding. I fetch some clothes to climb out with and head to the shower to clean all the stains and grime. I focus my gaze on my feet as the water washing over me doesn't take long to take a darker and deeper red.

I probably lost a lot of blood from some of the cuts and popping adrenaline boosters like candies were going to put my heart under so much stress that it would probably eventually just pop.

I'm no doctor, so I am just guessing what my limits are at this point.

The boiling hot water is just getting rid of all of that stress and stiffness in my body, it almost makes me want to stay under here forever to contemplate what I am going to do moving forward.

But there's no point.

I already know what I am going to do.

I climb out of the shower, dry off most of my body, and put on some pants for the sake of decency before stepping out of the room to see Ahri sitting at the edge of the bed staring intensely at the first aid kit on her lap.

"Ahri?"

She looks at me, but instantly recoils slightly at the sight of me. Her eyes don't meet mine as she scans my body. I walk closer and drop down to the edge of the bed as she looks up at me, locking eyes with me.

"Uhm..." she clears her throat. "Do you mind turning for me?"

Doing as I am told I for a moment remember about the scar. Maybe that caught her off guard again, maybe that mixed with all of the other bruises and cuts over my body is just a terrible sight to behold.

"How are you even still alive..." she mutters, a detect a hint of sadness.

"Would it scare you if I told you that I barely managed to do even that?"

She scoffs. "Humble brag?"

"What?"

"I... I somehow feel like even though you look banged up like this... I don't even know half of the things that you went through trying to come back and if you told me then it would make even more sense why you look this badly hurt."

I feel the cold touch of the liquid burning at my wounds.

She continues, "You seriously are amazing."

"Don't think people would describe me like that."

"Going to enlighten me then?"

I twist my lips to the side. "Merciless, ruthless-"

"Alright, you can stop."

I chuckle, wincing at the pain from her cleaning up some of the wounds. "You asked."

"I don't think you are as terrible as you make it out to be, even though your profession requires you to do exactly that... well, even Evelynn is like you with her past. I found it in myself to see her for who she is and that means the same for you."

"Do you see anything else other than what I am right now?"

"You aren't nearly as cold of a person as you think you are. Evelynn would say something about the capacity to kill or something like that and I'd like to believe that she is right."

"She did mention that to me once, the capacity to be wicked-"

She continues, "And the difference between being wicked and the capacity to be wicked. The same goes for you... I have an answer for you."

"Hmm?"

"I don't think I'd be able to do it, but if it ever came down to it I hope that I will be able to do it."

I furrow my brow for a moment before realizing what she meant. 

To take my hands and take a life.

I turn around, to face her. "Then leave that to me so that you will never have the chance to find out."

She lifts her chin to align her face with mine, her hands dropping to her lap she opens her lips as if to say something but it doesn't come through. Staring each other in the eyes for a moment longer I notice her rosy cheeks.

"(Y/N)..."

I lower my head slightly towards her.

"I..." She shakes her head and blinks as if she was getting herself back to her sense, she lifts her hands to gesture at the swabs and liquid bottle. "I wasn't done..."

"Yes, Ma'am." 

I am pretty sure I read her right, but the cute reaction makes up for it anyway.

I turn back around to let her finish cleaning up the wounds. Luckily nothing should need us to start stitching them closed because then I'd be asking Shin to do it because I know that she makes it less painful.

Probably from experience doing it.

Though a professional surgeon turned torturer is probably not a good doctor to have, unless you are good friends I suppose.