007

At our next stop, everyone climbs out to eat at a reservation-only restaurant. Before we step in Elmar walks up to me lifting his hand to stop me, as if I am the lapdog that will just get on my knees to listen to him.

"We need to establish something first."

Seraphine walks up to him. "Hey aren't we going to go in?"

"I have to talk to our fifth." He turns to her with a sudden smile. "I'll be with the three of you I just need to go through some things regarding your safety, sweetie. Okay?"

She nods as she catches up with the three of them.

He lets his smile fade the moment his gaze rests back on me. Crossing his arms he lifts his head as if to look down at me.

"Tony and Akali are working through some-"

I stop him. "Don't care. I have a job that needs doing and it is keeping the ten of you as safe as I possibly can. Those five get priority over the five of you, so I'd suggest not getting in my way and letting me do my job."

I walk forward, he grabs me by the shoulder to stop me. I freeze in place but I don't look his way at all.

"Don't do something stupid. I can ruin you all over again if something so much as happens to any of them, or any of us because of your meddling." He lets go of my shoulder and pats my chest with the back of his hand. "You don't scare me. Hard to find you scary when the last time I saw you, you pissed yourself."

I blink slowly before shooting him a glance.

I walk past him into the building ignoring him without saying a word further. I can't act on it because he is prefacing that it is for the safety of others... obviously hiding that he is a wicked person at heart but I am wondering if it would be better to let your downfall come slowly or suddenly.

Which will kill you the most?

I sit down at the empty booth near them, better to not be part of their conversations. But if they are going out of their way to warn me then my doing nothing is almost more effective than actively going after him.

But how are you going to ruin me? Got an underground crime syndicate following you, or am I assuming too much from you Elmar? I wonder how exactly you plan on ruining me. A tempting offering.

I scoff to myself as I roll my eyes.

I watch the outside with a keen sight. Every detail I go through but as pointless as it feels to focus on things at a place like this... if I miss even the slightest detail then it might just break away the one opening I had to find it.

Giving up on that I lean back into my seat with the waitress walking up to me. She places a cup of coffee on my table. "It's from them." She gestures to the group behind me while placing something underneath my cup.

I lock eyes with her, she slightly raises her eyebrows and the corner of her mouth twitches. Then walking towards the back to talk with the rest of the waitresses.

I lift the cup and take a quick glance at it.

A small note.

I open it up only to see a diamond-like symbol with a sword right through the middle. Almost like a crest. Underneath the words read:

Missed me?

Pathos.

I narrow my gaze slightly before rubbing my thumb over the text. It disappears and I stuff the paper in my pocket. Not really a lot to go with, because Pathos is an urban legend of a black market dealer.