037

I park the car and step inside the main building to make sure nothing died or broke while I was gone. Though I can hear Bernard's voice being raised at someone, I instantly walk into the room only to meet pretty much everyone in the building gathered in one room.

Evelynn chuckles, "Speak of the devil."

Elmar points at me. "He needs to leave."

Bernard chimes in, "Now."

Akali then asks, "Oh? You are willing to get rid of the best person to take care of us because of me?"

"Unprofessional." Bernard looks at her with a glare. "You should know better."

Akali snorts, "Uh huh. Okay. Why are so worried about me? All you have been doing is worrying about me and what I am doing. Whether it is Tony, whether it is (Y/N). Stay the fuck out of my life when it has fuck all to do with you!"

He cuffs his fist and I react instantly stepping in front of Akali.

"Do it, big guy," he tries to provoke me, "this isn't just your contract anymore. Not with her, is it?"

I state carefully. "I don't care who you are. Touch her, hurt her, make her feel unsafe in her own home then I will repay the kindness."

His eyes widen slightly. He knows what I mean, in this context he knows that I am talking about our past and not how they are treating Akali.

Evelynn speaks up, "He is staying."

Everyone looks at her in silence. She lifts herself off from the couch and approaches me with a serious expression, I don't pull my gaze away from her. This woman is almost like me but I have a feeling nothing changed her into this kind of person.

She always has been like this, being able to see through people. But that begs the question, Evelynn, do you see through them?

"You can protect someone better than anyone in here," then gesturing to Akali, "But this goes beyond our contract now and if anything happens to that girl I am putting all of that on your shoulders."

"But remember that the rest of us are still in need of that protection, I don't wish to see the best the Agency had to offer to be someone that would break the contract he was so incredibly reluctant to change."

"And-"

She stops Bernard, "There is nothing about fucking with the client, if it is consensual and Akali made that choice then they can do whatever they want to do. I just want you to remember you still have a job."

I narrow my eyes slightly. I see her smile widen for a brief moment before her gaze drops to Akali. She shoots her a wink before turning back to the rest of the group like a mother ready to scold everyone.

"Bernard. Watch yourself, the only reason Ahri isn't stopping you from talking to Akali like that is that she hates taking sides especially when it comes to people she loves so don't go and abuse that or I will make the choice for her."

Ahri stops her. "I can handle it-"

"Can you, dear?"

"I can."

"Good. Start by lecturing your fiance that Akali's life has nothing to do with him." She crosses her arms looking at the rest. "Same goes for the rest of you, keep your noses to yourselves because the moment we start infighting, that is the moment I am going to force people to make the hard decisions."

She walks away stating, "And it is scary how easy it is to make them."

Bernard takes a deep breath. "Sorry, Akali."

She mutters under her breath, "Leave me alone already."

Ahri locks eyes with me for a brief moment before stepping past me and giving Akali a hug, she whispers, "If you are happier this way then go for it, okay?"

"I know the consequences."

"Not lecturing you," she giggles slightly, "I just need you to be careful, and I am sorry that-"

"It's hard to take a side, I know."

I glance back to the rest to see all five of the guys' gazes locked onto me. I crack a slight smile that shifts into a smirk before I turn my back on this confrontation and continue to go on with my day.

*** Hector POV ***

I take a deep breath before apologising. "Sorry, Eve is pretty confrontational about these things but she is right. Even if she has a harsh way of showing that she is right."

Tony then lifts his shoulders walking past the group and away from us. "We do what we want to do, right?"

Akali doesn't look at him. Maybe she does feel a bit guilty about it but it isn't going to stop them from going through with the plan, I am not going to stop them either because if I do they will find a way to drag me down if it fails.

Everyone slowly disappears leaving the five of us.

Bernard then states. "Outside."

We all walk outside to go towards the cars to stay far away from everyone, Tony is already waiting there. I open my car door and drop in the driver seat to go and check up on our people after we are done talking here.

"Evelynn is making it hard on us."

I look at Elmar, "Have you tried being more discreet and not picking fights with Akali?"

Bernard chuckles, "Shut up. Just because your little mommy complex is kicking in at all the wrong times doesn't mean the rest of us to have it that easy with the people we like."

Tony then asks, "When are going through with it?"

"Soon." Jerico answers, "This works perfectly. We use what we have, he gets a bad name for not being able to protect her and we secure them forever."

I then lock eyes with Tony, "If you fuck this one up, it is all on you. Know that right? If it comes back to you, you alone are going to take the fall and none of us is going to come up for you. We can't risk our lives for you."

He nods. "I have it handled."

Elmar states as he walks away. "Just don't hurt her too much."