050

I watch him intensely.

A large part of me wishes that this all could end soon but there is an even larger chance that they are going to force me to kill every single one of them before I can walk away from all of this with neither fear nor worry that a revenant will come to find me.

"That's all the places," he whimpers, "Everywhere we hid, all the places stock was kept, everything. You won't find things anywhere else unless they recently decided to pack up and move."

I stay quiet, observing everything that was pointed out and then deciding where to go and what to do from that alone. No matter how you spin it, this is going to take a lot out of me just to find these bastards...

... on the other hand, I have to worry about the Agency. The Contract dies when nobody can pay them to go after me so I can always bet on that.

The question is, when do I get rid of him? When it is all over? I lift myself making the decision that keeping him alive last would probably be one of our best bets in finding them.

"Is that all?"

"Promise... on everything that's left. They don't have any other security other than that you already know about," I nod, I head to the door to leave the room but he stops me, "Sorry probably doesn't change anything."

"A correct assessment."

"But I'd like to apologize and... ask you something."

I stop in place, not looking at him but allowing him to say his part.

"When Evelynn asked you over when you got called in. Did you know all of this beforehand?"

I glance at him over my shoulder, "Does it matter? The moment I learned about you and all of them are going to be in the same place I was never going to let the chance for revenge slip away."

"I will kill all of you for what you did, nothing was stopping me from that."

"Did she tell you to do it?"

I narrow my eyes slightly, "How else do you think I got here, why I was hired in the first place."

I walk away from him, leaving him with that thought. There is some truth in it but I just happen to be the best and just happen to be the person that was going to get my revenge no matter the circumstance.

But let that betrayal sit with you for a while, it will be over soon enough.

I step into the hallway, I don't walk far before I am stopped.

"What did you learn?" Ahri asks with a bitter tone.

"Enough to kill every last one of them."

She nods slowly, "And him? Is he still alive?"

I ask her, "Would you rather me get rid of him now?"

"I want every trace of them out of this house. I know that you might need him but I don't care how he gets out of this place... kill him, move him... I just want this place to not have a sign of their existence."

I lower my gaze, "I'll get rid of him for you."

She shuts her eyes pulling her gaze away, with a sharp exhale, "Sorry for letting it out on the nearest person. There isn't enough time to be angry at the people that deserve it, after everything-"

I stop her, "I can understand the anger."

"I know... hell I feel stupid for reacting this way but there is no other way to go about it. Even now I just hate thinking about it."

Why is she opening up to me? Or maybe she can't scream what she is thinking to anyone else because not everybody feels the same way? Maybe there is a sense of pride in it and because of how it unfolded it felt like she was actively giving a part of her up.

Because looking at her as she is now I find it hard to believe that she and Bernard were compatible. Maybe it is because out of love and promises that she silenced a part of her that would clash.

Or maybe the anger comes from the manipulation.

"I want to kill him."

"It takes a lot to kill someone."

"A killer warning me about killing?" she glares at me.

I tighten the muscles in my face, lifting my shirt she doesn't pull her gaze from my eyes. I gesture to the scar and she drops her eyes for a brief moment before looking back at me with the same expression.

"This is the result of wanting to kill, the result of hesitating even once can cost so much. A lot of people know that when it comes to killing... that if someone is out to kill you, that you kill them right back."

"I am not an idiot."

I shake my head, "It's not about that. If you want to see them dead then I can let that happen, but do you really want to be the one to kill them?"

"What are you trying to tell me?"

I ask her, "Would you be able to take my hands and take a life?" 

She stays silent, her ears lowering slightly along with her fierce expression shifting into that of... sadness. Maybe she truly feels like that she needs to be the one wrapping her fingers around his throat.

I turn around and head back to the room to get rid of Hector, "I am not telling you what to do, Ahri, but hoping to express that there is always more to taking a life."

It takes a lot out of a person, and it changes you, but if it didn't? Then you were already twisted from the start. At a point in my life killing scared me, it made me shake because I didn't know I was capable of doing that.

But it cost me my life once because I couldn't fight back, it almost cost me my life because they wanted me dead more than I wanted to kill them.

In there lies the lesson.  Killing doesn't require purpose, it just needs action. The action, well behind it is a motivation.

I head towards the door pushing through it only to see a corpse dangling from the ceiling. I blink slowly at the scene and walk forward toward the body. Not even a death note was left for those to care.

He could have said nothing, and let me struggle to find them.

Yet he helped knowing I'd probably beat it out of him.

Loyalty doesn't exist, or maybe it did but they already made sure that when they fell, all of them fell together. 

But they couldn't even do that right. So I will ensure personally to achieve that kinship.

So that in the end you all did something together.

And that is-

-to rot in hell.