008

For a brief moment, I was tempted to drop my revenge for the sake of these girls.

But the more I look at these fuckers the more I realize that there is no way I am not going to go out of my way to make their lives a living hell. I want them to lose everything they love, they earned, the stole.

All of it.

***  Bernard POV ***

"Ahri, babe," She looks at me with a grin. "Just going to talk to the others about something, you go and meet up the girls and we... catch up later?"

"Hmmm." She narrows her eyes suspiciously at me. "We'll have to see, won't we~"

Giving her a peck I leave through the back door to see the four of them hovering around the backyard. Walking closer I let my smile fade to an annoyed stare, taking a deep breath as I look at Hector.

"You let her get someone from an Agency full of Assassins?"

"She went behind my back." He lifts his shoulders. "Evelynn does what she wants and you know I can't stop her."

"You are two steps away from being a cuck," I state.

"Listen here-"

Elmar steps in between the two of us. "Don't fight now. We have a bigger problem, I can safely say this is the kid that we bullied the fuck out of in school."

I cross my arms. "Get rid of him."

Tony suggests. "Get someone from the Agency to do it. Then we keep our hands clean."

Hector stops us. "Listen. Evelynn is willing to pay millions to this guy, he is one if not the best of the Agents-"

"I doubt that." Elmar scoffs.

I lift my hand. "Hector you are just rolling over a lot for someone that used to instigate everything. We either get rid of him forever as a little goodbye present for being a sweet little moon pie for being so crushable."

"Why not use them?" Elmar asks.

"Agency is a better bet," Tony states. "They know how to fight each other and could easily find ways to kill each other."

I then look at Tony. "Super talkative for someone that can't get together with his crush."

"Fuck off man."

"Is it really that hard not to be confrontational? We can't do everything for you. The four of us are doing fine and you are the only ass-hat struggling to get Akali into the same bed as you."

Jerico finally speaks. "Nevermind that for a moment." He rubs his eyes before stating, "He holds grudges. I don't know what he is willing to do to us but be careful."

Tony nods. "He has already started to flirt with Akali."

"Hmm?"

"She keeps looking at him..."

"So is that his game?" I snort. "Let Akali play with him then, even let our girls play with him. Then the moment he thinks he has a chance we fuck them right in front of his eyes. I mean I am not a fan of showing off but just thinking about being balls deep with that little shit's heartbreaking.

Elmar snorts. "Brilliant."

Jerico says with a hushed tone. "We will kill him, one way, or another."

"I don't want him dead," I state. "I want his life to be so painful that he just kills himself to be free from us."

*** Normal POV ***

I look at the cameras with a narrow gaze. The microphones I installed are picking up most of it, these idiots really aren't smart at all... though it is funny that Tony thinks I am flirting with Akali seeing as all I have been doing was keeping him away from her.

Cuckoldry.

Hmmm. A bit sad really.

I haven't even done anything yet and they want to be rid of me. I will have to ask the Agency to report to me for a bounty on someone's head with the same first and last name as me.

Realistically that is probably their best bet.

I leave things as is and head out of the building locking the door behind me. I head straight for the building hoping to see Evelynn. The moment I open the door I see her walking with the last person I have to meet.

"Oh, hey!" She smiles widely at me.

Evelynn gestures to her. "Ahri this is the muscle I hired."

"Afternoon." I greet the two of them.

"Happy to have you around taking care of us." Ahri folds her arms behind her back. "And also taking care of Akali..."

Evelynn looks at her. "What's Tony doing now?"

She smiles weakly at her. "He has been a bit overbearing and making it hard for Akali to do anything... they talked just a moment ago and well they didn't really resolve anything and she is quickly getting sick of it."

Evelynn turns around with Ahri grabbing her arm. "We can't get in the middle."

"I don't care. If even a hair-"

"She is a big girl." She grabs her other arm forcing Evelynn to look Ahri in the eyes. "Getting in the middle of their relationship... it has nothing to do with us and even the other guys said they are going to do the same. Stay out of it. They are adults."

Evelynn looks at me. "Akali has priority."

I state. "My contract has five names. Not ten. They are collateral at this point and if they get in the way of protecting the five of you then I will have to remove them appropriately."

Ahri furrows her brow. "Evelynn..." She then sighs. "Yeah. You are right. If Tony hurts Akali then I am going to have to pick a side even if the others get angry."

I then remark. "Getting angry means they were malicious if he is clearly in the wrong."

Ahri looks at me as if to warn me not to get in the middle of it.

Evelynn breathes out. "Can't fault him for being logical." She looks at me. "We are leaving later tonight for a club event. Just a fair warning if you need to prepare... we have on-site security but I still want you there."

"Of course."

The two of them leave and I don't say anything more. So the two of them aren't making any progress with each other. I shouldn't meddle with clients because that could open up a liability clause with the Agency.

But it already looks like if anything happens to Akali that those two are ready to take whatever measure possible to help her. Maybe I can force a situation to happen where he confronts Akali and force the five friends to pick a side...

But that would mean Akali getting in the crossfire.

If I do it, I need to be fast to make sure she is fine.

But getting in the middle would stop me from getting substantial evidence.

The situation is delicate, to say the least.