041

Walking up to the main counter, I look the man in the eye.

"You should get yourself cleaned up, Agent." I put down the addresses of houses filled with bodies. "I presume these are the locations for the mass graves?"

I nod. "Send clean-up there. I wasn't discreet."

"Understandable, Agent."

I walk away from him after ticking off one task for the night before heading back to the medical facilities. To my surprise I see Shin sitting next to her, with the medical staff we have on deck.

Shin does have a medical degree, which makes sense why she is so good in the field of torture.

I walk up to them as Shin states, "Nothing to worry about, the dosage is incredibly weak and should be out of her system after a good night's sleep. I pumped her full-on anti-toxins and anti-biotics and there is a good chance she is going to wake up feeling like shit but at least she will have her motor functions."

I ask her, "Neurotoxin?"

"Of a sort," she nods, "The drug is well, this looks like one that isn't as strong. My guess? It doesn't turn you into a corpse but you do have the wonder of feeling everything people would do to you."

Shin glances at one of the nurses. "You have the samples, right?"

"We can replicate it for you."

"Good."

I ask her, "Plan on using it."

"I can not fault a creative mind creating something that helps me in my field, regardless of the prior purpose. If I looked at it like that it would be stupid and naive."

"Just like you, so progressive."

Lifting her shoulders. "Take her home, I stole these from the cabinets if she starts feeling pain in her joints but other than that she would be fine."

The nurse walks up to me, "Do you want another set of clothes, sir?"

I shake my head, "I'll clean up later."

I wrap her up in one of the covers and gently lift her out of the bed and straight to the car. My phone has been ringing uncontrollably and I turned it off after telling Evelynn that I would be back within the hour.

I'll be back, but they won't be ready.

I barely get out of the lobby with someone pressing a gun to the side of my face. I glance at him through the corner of my eye and then back at the door as I state.

"You'll die right after me."

"Just thought I'd say hi to the person I am hunting," he chuckles, "though with all that blood on you I am willing to bet most of it isn't yours if any. But I am not stupid as to break the rules in the Agency's house."

He pulls the gun away from my face, I walk forward in silence only for him to call after me. "I'll see you real soon."

"Your employers aren't long for this world. If you plan accordingly, you might make it in time to be tossed in the same grave," I walk through the doors that the receptionist opens with a press of a button allowing me to leave.

I didn't look at him. I don't need to know what he looks like, I already heard his voice.

I put her in the front seat and put on the seatbelt just in case. Then hopping in my seat I drive us back to her home. I glance at myself in the mirror to see that most of my clothes are stained with blood.

My knuckles are bruised and split open. I didn't hold back with any of my punches, I have a feeling I am going to feel it in the morning.

Poor girl. So much shit in her body I don't even know if she is going to remember what the fuck happened... if she will even remember that I came for her. I hope she remembers that she is going to wake up scared.

Reaching the place I see everyone hovering around in jackets, worried for her sake, probably not able to sleep.

I climb out of the car with her, the moment I step through the gates.

Seraphine gasps, "Oh my god... what happened to you two?"

Kai'Sa is watching with wide eyes, her expression as if she just saw a corpse. Both Evelynn and Ahri rush towards me to inspect her.

"Is she?"

I stop them. "Drugged out of her mind. I took her to the hospital with my people to get her checked out and she should be fine... maybe a little bit spooked."

"Your hands..." Evelynn remarks.

I hand Akali over to the two of them, "Here."

They grab her and walk her into the house. The two of them leave leaving the four guys, Seraphine, and Kai'Sa outside. Seraphine looks between all of us, the silence is killing her. She steps up to me asking.

"Tony said he was going to help search for her... where is he?"

I don't look at her, instead, I lock eyes with the four guys watching me. "Dead."

Elmar walks up to me, "You killed him? What the fuck did he do to deserve that-" he walks up to me.

I hold my stance, clenching my fists as I breathe out. "When I found Akali after searching for four hours the first person to find her was Tony. In fact, he led me to her because I was tracking him from the start."

"When I walked into the building she was in, he was on top of her unconscious body," I crack my neck.

"Oh god-" Seraphine instantly turns around with Kai'Sa shooting me a grateful look before the two of them disappear into the house.

I flex my bruised knuckles before turning to them fully.

"What now?" Bernard asks, hostility in his tone.

I chuckle, finally smirking at them. "Don't look at me with those eyes, you've got no one else to blame for this."

Elmar snorts. "You look a bit manic there bud. Remember who you are fucking with."

"You think I forgot?" I scoff, then let my smirk fade into a glare. "I am sick of this game already, I had all of you pegged the moment I came in here. The first raid at Horizon. The Agents sent after me. Akali being kidnapped."

Hector instantly speaks up. "We had nothing to do with Akali."

Jerico scoffs, "You are no boogeyman."

I walk up to Bernard, locking eyes with him. I could kill him right now, it would save these girls unprovoked or not but that means that my life as an Agent... I need to leave after I see the life drain from their eyes.

I breathe out. "You mistake me for a monster. Sad." I walk past him towards the building. "We can play this sick game for a bit longer, I wonder though. Will you kill yourself before I get the chance to?"

No more waiting. No more stalling.

It starts now.

One corpse in the grave.

***   ***   ***

Unironically think this song fits pretty well.