017

I pick up my phone, standing near the door to watch and make sure that nobody decides to take a peek into my investigation. They sincerely do not need to know how and where we are at this point with any of it.

"Shin."

"Pathos. Underground smuggler, body part dealer, and someone that doesn't have a face."

"Sounds like we are going to have to find one then." I hear someone in the background. "He is still alive?"

"Eh." I hear a trigger pull and a loud bang through the phone. "Not so much anymore. Surprised that he didn't die from the blood loss or all the torture I put him through... went through enough to want to come after me and put me in a grave to spit on it."

"Sounds exciting."

"Not really. Stop having fun after a while." Then clearing her throat. "I have a place where you can start looking, a few names that might be worth looking into. One named Hector Giovanni. Said to be a frequent shopper when it comes to shit you can't get your hands on."

"Being?"

"Don't know. He died just a moment ago, can't ask him that anymore."

I nod to myself. "You lack appropriate foresight but I have a feeling you weren't going to get anything else out of him."

"That is a good assumption. I was looking at a corpse, there wasn't much more to break to get him to talk... besides he realized he was going to die either way so it was getting harder to get things out of him."

"Shin." I try to get her back on track.

"That is as much as I know. A name, a place that I will send the location to you in just a moment." Then clearing her throat. "They have a mutual agreement going on that I don't know the details about. Some small details on hideouts that he frequently uses but getting in might be hard seeing as they have a lock on people that are allowed in and those that aren't."

"I'll manage."

"Kill some of them for me." The call cuts immediately after.

Pathos. Another name.

***  ??? POV   *** 

"Agent R89567. What do you want from me?" I answer the call with an annoyed stare.

"We have something for you."

I glance at my watch, and then towards the window of the tall building. I set up the rifle before asking, "What's the job? Got two minutes to sell it to me."

"Agent killing."

"I'm sold." I chuckle. "Who is the agent that needs to be put in their place?"

"This is not from the agency."

I freeze in place. "Someone... a civilian wants me, an agent, to kill another agent? Very interesting. Who am I killing?" I load the mag into the rifle and lower myself behind it lining it up with the windows in the distance.

"Agent D3."

"D3. Sound familiar." I narrow my eyes to see the room in question is still empty. "Only the special kids get to have such a small serial. Must be important if he is under the D category, and number three."

"Two and one are deceased."

"Codename?"

"D3ath."

"Ah." I cut the call.

Time is up. I line up the shot waiting for the perfect time, I don't need to account for the wind from this building seeing as the distance isn't that far. I take the shot the moment he settles in his chair, and a stream of blood splatters over his desk.