022

*** Akali POV ***

I wake up slowly, I am still trying to figure out what and where I am. It slowly settles in that this isn't my room or my bed... oh right. I came here last night. I rub the side of my face and blink slowly to get my eyes to catch up with the rest of my body.

How late is it? I might also be in trouble.

I glance around to see that the room is pretty much desolate. Though I can hear the shower is running which probably means it is pretty early in the day. I hover for a moment, hear the shower stopping, and instantly lay back down in the bed with my back turned towards the door.

I don't think I am emotionally or physically ready to say anything.

Pulling the covers over my head I tense up the moment he steps in... why am I acting like this? I peek around the covers, seeing him standing near the closet with the towel hanging around his neck.

Wearing nothing but pants I can't help but stare a little bit. I mean... what did I expect? Of course, he was going to look like that considering he has to be muscle but even then I didn't expect him to be THAT ripped.

My eyes settle on a nasty mark on his waist travelling towards his back. I don't try to get a better look knowing that I will just out myself as a pervert when I am just being stupid.

His phone rings, and he instantly answers it. "Shin. Is there a reason you are calling me this early? Wait..." he walks out of the room shortly after.

Did he notice? He must have.

And who is this Shin?

*** Normal POV ***

I walk out of the shower and dry my lower half noticing that I ended up only taking two pairs of pants rather than a shirt. At least the only thing I can blunder is picking out clothes for myself... there are worse things to mess up.

I toss it aside and rest the towel around my neck whilst I head towards the closet. Pulling out a shirt while I dry my hair I hear my phone ring in my pocket. Agency phone this time. Hmmm, I wonder who it could be.

I instantly answer it. "Shin?"

"Do you just assume it is me every time?"

"There a reason you are calling me this early?"

"Yeah-"

I glance to the side, noticing subtle movements. She is probably awake by now just from my voice and I should just leave right now. I step out of the room and shut it behind me.

"Go on."

"The Hunter is coming for you."

"Hmm." I crack my neck. "An Agent killer is coming for me? Do me a favour Shin and figure out who set the bounty on my head... I have a feeling but I'd rather be certain about it."

She groans. "You owe me." The call cuts.

No, I don't. Not for that, but for feeling the need to warn me about everything. I appreciate that more than the things I ask of you... I don't really know what Shin likes but I doubt her taste is that of a normal woman.

I'll figure it out.

I finish up with all my things for the morning only for Akali to slowly step out of the bedroom with a yawn. "Morning."

"Sorry if I woke you up."

Her eyes widen slightly, she rubs the back of her neck before expressing with a chuckle. "Hm mhm. No, it is fine." I walk towards the kettle to boil up something to drink as she asks me. "Where did you sleep?"

"Couch."

"Oh, thank you."

"Want something to drink?" I offer.

"Nothing for me, thanks."

I blink slowly, turning off the kettle because I only pretty much turned it on anticipating that she'd maybe want something to drink. I glance at her from the corner of my eye.

She looks like she wants to say something but probably not a good idea for me to pressure her into anything. Though now is the perfect time to really get her on my side and against the five of them because sooner or later they are going to show their colours.

I turn around to rest against the counter. "About last night." Akali nods at me as she walks towards one of the seats in the kitchen.

"I meant what I said."

I watch her carefully. "Well, you aren't being honest with me either."

She furrows her brow. "What do you mean?"

"Coming to me must've meant something significant was bothering you, just to remind you that in my contract that it is stipulated that you and the other four are my top priority and if those other five ever try to hurt you in any way that I have to step in."

"It doesn't..." she sighs loudly resting her arms on the table.

"Either that or are you just lying because you just wanted to see me."

With a feint tone. "I don't feel safe in there." She buries her face in her arms. "I mean I did want to talk to you because you are interesting but..."

I side next to her, resting my hand on her shoulder. "You can talk to me. I won't go to any of them and will help you."

She stays silent before expressing with a sad tone. "Elmar and Jerica have been talking to me every time I try to be alone... trying to get me to make up with Tony. They make it sound like everything will go wrong if I don't."

"Did they say so?"

"It's what it feels like." She breathes out. "Last night I had another fight with Tony, he came into my room and..."

"Did he touch you?" I ask calmly.

"No. I told him to leave and that's why I came to you."

She has no way to know that he is scared of me but that was still a good call from her end. The situation is shit no matter which way you spin it and I kind of feel guilty for taking advantage of her to be able to kill him in the worst way possible.

It is obvious Tony loves Akali. Almost obsesses over her.

I want him to witness me taking her away from him. I want to see the look in his eyes when I do it but that means that if I am going through with something like that... this is my last job and I will be well on my way to following in my dad's footsteps.

It makes it harder. Feelings should never mess with this line of work, it can kill me if I am not careful.

This is a mistake, doing something like this.

I whisper to her. "I'll protect you from them."

She looks up from her arms with tear-stained eyes. She lifts herself and hugs me around my middle burying her head into my chest.

But then again... I was never perfect.