006

I park the car right in front of the building. Getting out of the car I open the door for them and they lead me to the front doors that unlock, I glance over my shoulder at the streets for a brief moment before I tell them.

"I just want to check something. Mind waiting in the lobby?"

Seraphine nods. "Yep. Is something wrong?"

I shake my head. "Just routine."

I turn around to hear the two of them talk behind my back. I could easily listen in on the conversation but my focus was more on the surroundings of the place where they work. This is a fairly rich neighbourhood near the centre of the city but I don't see beggars roaming around on a busy day like this.

I glance around at the people that aren't actively walking, memorizing the small details that would remind me of their faces the next time I swing around this place with any of them.

Everyone is mostly minding their own business, there isn't a possible way for me to look less like a bodyguard without finding a place to hide and observe them that way.

But I have my suspicions already.

Syndicates rely on an information network that works in strange ways. This place is too busy to have conventional means of gathering information so they would stick to using people that won't look out of place.

The cars move too fast in this lane but for the sake of confirming that someone is here, it would be perfect but for nothing past that. All of the stores and businesses are incredibly busy and this studio is the only business on this street that has been closed.

Maybe I should get someone to do some footwork for me... call in a favour with one of the agents.

I turn around heading back to the door. I glance over my shoulder locked on a specific window with someone staring down at the streets below, I can't see any movements you'd expect from someone that would be talking on a phone yet his hand is near his ear.

Floor six. Third from the Studio's side.

*** Akali POV  ***

"Akali."

"Hmm?" I pull my gaze away from him and back to Sera.

"Are you okay? You look like you have been spacing out... worried about something?"

I sigh as I state. "I am kind of not in the mood to talk to Tony later but we have to probably just talk and either work it out or just stop whatever is between us."

"If you don't like him-"

"I do like him, it's just I don't think he knows what he is supposed to do."

She touches my shoulder. "If he isn't for you-"

I chuckle. "I am not that stupid, Sera."

"I didn't mean-"

I crack a smile. "I know, I know. Just been thinking about a lot of things since last night and I just really need to figure everything out and if Tony isn't someone that knows how to love the right way that is where it stops."

She nods. "Then... what about him?" She gestures at our bodyguard by subtly pointing at him.

I furrow my brow. "What about him, Seraphine?"

"I am not suggesting anything, you are just kind of looking at him-"

"That does sound like suggesting something," I chuckle at her panic, "I am not really thinking to deeply about anything, got my hands full with Tony being the way he is to be able to look at anyone else really."