030

I don't have the energy for this.

So many people rush to meet their favourite celebrities. It took more out of me to not get annoyed by them not knowing how to respect someone just wanting to unwind and enjoy their time like any other normal person.

Kai'Sa sides next to me. "Sorry, this might be a little bit too overwhelming."

I shake my head. "Not at all, just a bit annoying when I have to account for so many people rushing all of you. I don't want to start beating up your fans."

She laughs. "That would be a terrible look for us." She maintains her smile as she looks at everyone. "Do you think we can be able to go about our days soon? I asked Eve about it and she told me that you aren't really here to protect us."

I glance at her, but she doesn't look at me.

"I am doing my best," I state.

"Was... that why you left last night?"

"Yeah."

She lowers her gaze slightly. "Sorry for being so nosy but your story made me feel like you were talking about someone you knew well, it almost felt like you were talking about yourself so I asked Evelynn about it."

"She didn't really want to talk too much about it, but she always looks out for us even when we don't know that we need it."

I counter. "I think everyone knows by now that I am not just the normal bodyguard."

"Yeah but..." she shakes her head, "I didn't know what to believe but I am glad we are in capable hands."

I then ask her, "Do you believe that story?"

"I think that stories do have some truth to them." She flashes me a gentle smile.

I shut my eyes and chuckle at her repeating my own words to me. "Even then you don't find me a little bit scary?"

"Maybe a little bit," she admits with a nod, "but I can tell you are a good person."

"A good person doing bad things, is he still a good person?"

She takes a deep breath before breathing out, "That would be naïve to still say that, right?"

I nod.

"I know that nobody can ever truly be a good person and that the perspective matters more than anything and to me... right now, you are like a Guardian Angel."

"One that works through money and not the love of God."

She giggles, "I guess that is one of the main differences."

A good person.

I am suddenly terribly aware of all the people I killed, all the people I tortured and interrogated just to find the smallest bit of information. The number of lives I have taken, the lives I have ruined.

People I gave over to Shin only to be tortured to death over the span of days, but how many people have I saved by taking a life? How many things did I prevent from happening? How many good people have I killed because the money was good?

The thought of all of that doesn't even phase me.

Another small group walks up to Kai'Sa practically freaking out to see her in person. It doesn't hurt me at all knowing that I am going to rid these girls of these guys, I will probably be saving them in the end.

Even if they do end up hating me for it, I care more about them not falling for something so heinous.

On the other hand, is Tony sticking to Akali like a fly on sweet paper? Trying to get closer and closer to her but it just looks terribly uncomfortable, I can't really do anything there without causing a scene.

We go on with the day with fewer people showing up to meet their favourite stars and allowing them to go about the day normally. I occasionally get glances from Ahri as if she is trying to make sure I am not doing something I shouldn't.

She probably doesn't trust me too much around any of them, probably because Bernard has been making her think that I am doing something to them.

Maybe it is something else because her gaze doesn't feel hostile.

They turn into a store nearby that I hover around near the entrance. Not really paying any attention to them inside but rather the people around us, I don't even feel a little bit threatened.

Nothing is stalking us, nothing is following us.

This means that the person that is hunting me is either very good or just hasn't found me yet.

Ahri sides next to me. "How are we looking?"

"I don't feel like we are being followed," I state. "So it looks like you can enjoy your day without having to worry too much."

She sighs a breath of relief. "Good. Thank you, it makes me feel a lot better. You were just looking around the entire time it made me feel a bit anxious."

I shake my head. "Just need to keep my eyes open for all of our sakes."

She nods, then asks in a whisper, "You have been... spending a lot of time with Akali, right?" I glance at her. "I have been worried about her and Tony and at this point, it looks like it is going okay but it always looks like that before something bad happens."

I then ask her, "What do you want to hear?"

I watch her ears, they don't give away a lot, not as much as I thought they would. She narrows her eyes at Tony and Akali in the distance before I see a sad expression on her face.

"That Akali is in good hands."

I repeat myself. "The only people in the contract are the five of you, if your partners ever become a danger to you and the people around you I will be forced to take care of them by any means necessary."

She lowers her gaze slightly. Cracking a small smile she slowly nods before looking at me through the corner of her eye... did she catch on to something? Maybe she has had her suspicions and was just keeping them hidden.